What tire shine do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soapstreet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you guys use? Even if I lightly coat the tire it still ends up slinging some down the doors of the truck. So annoying!

Thanks for the input.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
10324.jpg

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Megiuars ultimate. I think it is. Spray on, let it sit for over an half, cures in 24 roughly. Expensive but lasts nicely and doesn't sling. I usually apply when I am done driving for the day and ny morning it is good.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Black magic or meguires and I have driven the truck as soon as 2hrs after applying and no issues.

It really depends on your application. You don't need a heavy coat to get a shine, but if your one of those people who likes gloss black look then your up ***** creek. Anything that has to coat that much will require a lot longer dry time. I do one medium coat and that's enough for me. But if I did more coats for a wetter look the. I would give it over night to dry.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Try Spraying into a sponge and wiping it onto the tire side wall. Most of the excess stays in the sponge and allows you to evenly do a light coat on the tire. You can repeat after you do all four tires as needed to get them shinier. No slinging and you wont get run off onto the tire tread or have over spray to clean off the wheels or fenders.

Last edited:

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stoner brand more shine less time, works great for me.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Yea forgot to mention that I use the tire shine foam applicators that's shaped like a tire, has a cutout for the sidewall. Makes a hell of a difference.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
meguires gel. its a pain in the ass to put on compared to the spray but it doesnt sling down the side of the truck and seems to last longer.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used gel and meguires spray in the aerosol can.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Gel works great but if you have a aggressive sidewall like the trail grapplers, then it's a major pain in the ass to apply it. If you have a smooth sidewall then it's great stuff to use.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
to each there own
BUT
I use
NONE, I do not care for the mess

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Haven't used it in years, makes a big mess in the dirt.

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use car pro PERL. It serves multiple purposes if you dilute it, so you get more bang for your buck. I also apply with a sponge applicator

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chemecial guys silk shine applied with a brush. I used foam applicators before but the brush works better for the lugs on my MTs. No slinging at all, dry to touch. It's water based so even if you make the mistake of applying to heavy it cleans up easily.

If I'm in a hurry I use Maxima SC1 Clearcoat in an aerosol can. It's actually not marketed as a tire shine but it works very well for that, no slinging, and again if you over spray on wheels or paint it cleans up easily.

A big thing for me was dirt and dust sticking to tire shines. I've used quite a few and had that issue but with both CG silk shine and SC1 CC I've never had that issue. SC1 CC actually keeps the tires nice and clean for an extended period of time.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adams VRT.... not cheap.... no sling, long lasting ...looks fantastic

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I use Meguiar's Hyper Dressing and buy it by the gallon. It is water based and dilutes to whatever kind of shine you want. I use it on all my plastics (internal & external) and my tires and it looks great. Cheap too because a gallon, which I used diluted 3:1, will last me for years.