Wheel Bolt Pattern Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XBLAZERMNX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hello All, I've got a question about bolt pattern adapters. I currently have a GMC 1500 with new tires and aftermarket rims and a Ram 1500 with stock chrome wheels and bad tires. Is it safe to use an adapter to convert from the 5 bolt Ran to the 6 bolt GMC. i like the wheels on the GMC and dont want to spend another 3 grand on wheels and tires. Thanks in advance.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would NOT recommend doing that.

I assume you've seen the videos of wheels coming off trucks going down the highway and causing all kinds of carnage? That's caused mostly by people using spacers and adapters to fit wheels on a vehicle which really shouldn't be on there. You could kill yourself or some other innocent motorist.

Get the proper wheels to fit your bolt pattern or stick with stock and put new rubber on them.

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As much as you may not like NCRaineman's response he's correct. I too like the look of the newer 6 bolt wheels, but have seen wheel's fly off from cars, some while on the highway and some leaving a shop. Was it the "adapter" or poor workmanship, dunno but what you ARE doing is introducing a potential weakness into your steering/suspension line. Also most "well know" or good wheel manufactures can recreate any wheel to any car's needed spec.

OP
OP
X

XBLAZERMNX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks guys, I did some googling and called an adapter manufacturer. They explained the reason why bolt pattern adapters are a no go. New rubber on the correct wheels I guess.