Wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not sure if I’m posting in the right place. Feel free to move if needed.

I have a 4wd crew cab. Factory front suspension and 2” drop springs in the rear.

I get some pretty bad wheel hop at the track and on the street when I lose traction.

Anyway to solve this?

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
new rear control arms? one of the members posted about core4x4 rear control arms. There's a video of said arms on a ram and no wheel hop

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
controlarm.jpg

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!

McGaughys 4" drop springs
Illicit no cut brackets
QA-1 adjustable shocks...TS-905
Core 4X4 adjustable panhard bar (1st gen)
Core 4X4 adjustable upper and lower control arms
Core 4X4 custom sway bar end links

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
not sure if I’m posting in the right place. Feel free to move if needed.

I have a 4wd crew cab. Factory front suspension and 2” drop springs in the rear.

I get some pretty bad wheel hop at the track and on the street when I lose traction.

Anyway to solve this?

All you need is Illicits brackets,they bring the rear suspensions geometery back to where it'll plant the tires. The Core arms are nice,but not needed if you do the relocation kit. It depends on how big your budget is. None of this stuff is cheap,and if you can only afford one,do the relocation brackets,the others are just band-aids. Talk to Gary's Hemi,he spent a ****load of money on rear suspension components fighting wheelhop and sway,then finally broke down and bought the relocation brackets,and they cured all his issues. My truck had killer wheelhop and after springing for Illicits relocation brackets,the truck plants the tires with no wheelhop,and I've ran it up to 150 mph with absolutely no handling issues

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you get the Core there is a coupon code in a thread in the "lifted" section. I think the thread is titled "Core" something---I think it's 5% off. I'm also thinking about going this route for my wheel hop.
Jay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357