Wheel sdimulators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
Mime are a bit rough so looking to replace my 8 lug 7 hand hole wheel simulators for Ram 3500 dually, but so far every vender has plain generic (no ram head on center hub) does anybody know where a close to stock replacement could be found?........been looking and found replacement (8 lug 7 hand hole) but no ram head like I would prefer..........thnx, Scippy

OP
OP
scippy

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
Correction, I don't have wheel simulators!..dumb mistake on my part thinking that until I removed what appears to be the OEM wheel trim rings and center hubs.
I was shocked to see how expensive OEM replacement are.........just for the '01 center hub w/ram head can go for as much as $150.00 per!!!.......and that's not
even a complete wheel replacement you still need the wheel trim ring to go with it........there kinda cheap because all these OEM hubs and wheel rings are nothing
more than chrome plating over plastic.............my question is, Can the OEM chrome plating on these accessories be re-plated to look like new again?

3M-TA3

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 & 2015
Engine
V10 & 5.7L Hemi
There are some pretty effective chrome paints you might try. They are so good that I've even run across wheels that were painted instead of plated you can't tell the difference. BTW I did get PLATED wheels because it's more durable, but I don't think that would be a problem with the hubs. Just put 90% of the work in prep.