When Did You BUY Your First Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased my first truck in 1977 with the help of my dad. It was a 1975 Ford 4X4 it had a sx inch lift and 33's. It was puke green but I loved the hell out of it... I worked and put down all I had earned over the last three years and my dad made up the diff. I worked just to pay for fuel, insurance and to pay dad back. There are times that I look back and I miss that old truck. You know what they say "you never forget your first"

Since then I've always had a Ford truck till recently when I jumped ship and went to the dark side... :)

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
2004 when I bought my ranger then again in 2011 when I got my ram.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought an 04 "hemisport" QC 1500 4x4 in aug of 04. I was driving my srt-4 at the time and my exwife wanted the truck, but her credit was crap so it was all done in my name, but her stripping paid the 750 payment. then when i was deployed fighting the good fight, she slept with a bunch of dudes. I came back and filed for divorce, she said she was keeping the truck, i said, you can buy it from me then. She said fine i'll get a loan for the payoff, i said, you can get a loan for the payoff plus 5k or you can look for another car.

5k in my pocket. (she paid for MY lawyer plus 3K)

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude i am so glad all that happened, cause if it hadnt i might still be with that psycho, but i made it out with my sanity and no kids *phew*

heminit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1973, I got a 1962 Chevy C10 SWB Custom from my father to drive to school. Loved that truck I6, 3 on the tree and a candy apple red paint job I put on it while in autobody class in high school. FM converter with cassette and a 25 watt amp pushing a pair of Jensen 6x9 Triaxle speakers. I have a 1965 now awaiting $$$ to restore/customize. Already has a 355ci w/ 4 speed and 373 gears.

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2006... 2003 red ford ranger when i was 16
2008... 2008 nissan frontier
2010... my DODGEEE

Ms.MagnumSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC
Engine
Magnum 4.7 v8
Bought my first Truck in august 2010, I will never own another car again unless of course its a charger.:********:

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought an 04 "hemisport" QC 1500 4x4 in aug of 04. I was driving my srt-4 at the time and my exwife wanted the truck, but her credit was crap so it was all done in my name, but her stripping paid the 750 payment. then when i was deployed fighting the good fight, she slept with a bunch of dudes. I came back and filed for divorce, she said she was keeping the truck, i said, you can buy it from me then. She said fine i'll get a loan for the payoff, i said, you can get a loan for the payoff plus 5k or you can look for another car.

5k in my pocket. (she paid for MY lawyer plus 3K)

dude thats a horrible story. my gf's friend WAS an army wife and she said when they all deployed, guys came into town because alot of the wives would go nuts and turn into 6month hobags. Sad to hear that, hopefully thats a minority of them. sounds like you got the better end of the deal monetarily

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
bought my first truck in 2001 it was a 1979 c10 custom, all frame off resto, no interior for 5k, there was atleast 5k in the motor milage 1,800 miles on a brand new built up crate with trans, all perfect condition dude was going thru a divorce didnt want the wife to get it, had to re do the entire interior so i went custom, all fiberglass, took a 2nd place trophy at a show... about 10mth after owning it and several speeding tickets, and thousands of dollars in audio and fiberglass later, i got pulled one night and the so called friend i was giving a ride had some drugs with him and while i was talking to the officer, he tried to ditch them, well he got caught, and i went to jail for transporting drugs, fl contraband says if i own a vehicle and caught with felonious drugs in it, it becomes the states, well i fought the state and still lost, never charged with possession or any wrong doing, talk about fukked up, he got fukked up..., then in feb 2007 my next truck was my 99 ram 1500 sport got for $4600 with 100k on it fresh a/c and all kinds of receipts for work done just to be able to sell it, had it over a year trans started to go and i traded it in on my 04 had it ever since and see how good it looks....

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
yeah pretty much, i still miss the chevy but, ill live....love my ram...

srt8dork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dude thats a horrible story. my gf's friend WAS an army wife and she said when they all deployed, guys came into town because alot of the wives would go nuts and turn into 6month hobags. Sad to hear that, hopefully thats a minority of them. sounds like you got the better end of the deal monetarily

got the better end of the deal psychologically too, i can't even imagine the person i would be right now if i had stayed with her. Now i am remarried (this time it counts) and we are expecting our first, she is just as corny as i am, she is also has a degree (well soon anyways) in geology and we are just a couple of smitten rock dorks, life is beautiful now

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
May of99 I bought a 99 ford ranger xc 4x4 wrecked it then got a 92 dodge dakota traded that for a 02 ranger the a 98 ford expedition then now my 04 ram 2500 an just bought my wife her 06 magnum rt

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
My first truck I bought when I was 17. Sold my first car, lil 4banger Mustang, for a 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max. It had chrome bullethole wheels with 31s when I bought it. When I sold it the truck was on the ground, 2 1/2% tint, back windo spraypainted black, and the windshield had a 8in or so banner, spraypainted... :D

I paid $100 for the lowering kit, $50 for the used FM w/ 5in tip exhaust (sounded damn good for a 4cyl..), $20 or so for tint (and paint), and rode the hell outta the thing!

Young and dumb, so much fun!!

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
1964 chevy c 10 01 toyota corolla(daily driver) 01 rangeredge (totaled) and bought the ram

still have and drive all but the ranger