when i turn left into my driveway truck shuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just got this 1996 2500 reg. cab pickup it has the 360 and is auto. now the strange problem when I brought it home 2 weeks ago and turned left into my upper drive way it shut off it did start right up . I've been cleaning it etc. and my son took it down to the store truck was fine . when he came back and turned left to pull into yard it died just like before it did start right up again . anybody have this happen to them ? or does anybody know what it might be ? thinking a short or ground wire ? but whats strange is if its a short I would think it wouldn't start up again unless something got moved like the truck . any help on this would be great , Thanks

SilentRon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, at the risk of being a real Beavis, I could ask if you've tried turning right into your driveway. Seriously though, is your truck setting any trouble codes or tripping the check engine light?

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi outdoorram,

Look at your motor mounts and for an arc spot on the metal around the alternator and battery. I had a 71 Sport Fury that did that going right. Turned out one of the motor mounts was shot and the alternator was hitting against the inner fender well when I turned right and touched the gas.
Hope you get it sorted.

preachp

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca