Where is the RAM built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

944own

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just like the title says. Just wondering if my new 1500 express was actually made in US.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It'll be in your VIN. They're made in Detroit, Mexico or Texas I think. Mine was made in Detroit.

on the move..

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Vins have certain codes of what options and other things the truck has.
Just google ram vin decoder and plug in your vin, or it'll tell you how to decide it.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you have a regular cab it is built in mexico. Anything else is built at the warren plant in michigan. The first digit of the vin is the country it was built. 1 is USA, 2 is Canada, 3 is mexico.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was built in Mexico so was the wife's fiat

OP
OP

944own

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine is a crew cab

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
If you have a regular cab it is built in mexico. Anything else is built at the warren plant in michigan. The first digit of the vin is the country it was built. 1 is USA, 2 is Canada, 3 is mexico.

If that is the case, my '14 Express ext cab is made in the US.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My crew cab express was built in the Warren, MI plant. Engine assembled in Mexico. It's on your window sticker too under the country of origin information.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins

No. Well, I should say "Not really, but sorta."

From Ram Trucks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Production[edit]

Ram utilizes three facilities, all in North America for the production of its vehicles.

Warren Truck Assembly, Warren, Michigan, USA. First opened in 1938, the facility has produced trucks for Dodge and Ram for over 70 years. Near the plant are also the Warren metal stamping plant, Mount Elliot tool and die plant which contribute parts and components to the manufacture of the Dakota and 1500 series.

The following models are currently assembled at the plant:
Ram 1500 series, all crew cab and double cab models for the global market are assembled here except for the Ram 1500 Laramie, which is built at both the Warren facility and Ram's Saltillo Assembly for the Mexican market.

Saltillo Truck Assembly, Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. The plant manufactures the full range of the Ram truck series as well as the DX Chassis cab. The plant has won numerous awards and has been recognized as the Chrysler groups best truck facility in terms of build quality.[6] The Saltillo stamping plant is also attached to the facility.

The following models are built at the plant:
Ram 1500 all regular cab models of various trim levels sold globally are manufactured at the facility as is the crew cab Ram 1500 Laramie for the Mexican market.
Ram 2500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
Ram 3500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
Ram 4500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
Ram 5500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
DX Chassis Cab manufactured for the Mexican market only.
Ram ProMaster

Windsor Assembly, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The plant manufactures all vans built on the Chrysler S platform including the Ram Cargo Van, Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge Grand Caravan, Lancia Voyager and Volkswagen Routan. The plant makes just one model for Ram.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Parts of the wiring are Mexico also. Nothing wrong with that, I know a couple people at those plants.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No. Well, I should say "Not really, but sorta."

From Ram Trucks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Production[edit]

Ram utilizes three facilities, all in North America for the production of its vehicles.

Warren Truck Assembly, Warren, Michigan, USA. First opened in 1938, the facility has produced trucks for Dodge and Ram for over 70 years. Near the plant are also the Warren metal stamping plant, Mount Elliot tool and die plant which contribute parts and components to the manufacture of the Dakota and 1500 series.

The following models are currently assembled at the plant:
Ram 1500 series, all crew cab and double cab models for the global market are assembled here except for the Ram 1500 Laramie, which is built at both the Warren facility and Ram's Saltillo Assembly for the Mexican market.

Saltillo Truck Assembly, Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. The plant manufactures the full range of the Ram truck series as well as the DX Chassis cab. The plant has won numerous awards and has been recognized as the Chrysler groups best truck facility in terms of build quality.[6] The Saltillo stamping plant is also attached to the facility.

The following models are built at the plant:
Ram 1500 all regular cab models of various trim levels sold globally are manufactured at the facility as is the crew cab Ram 1500 Laramie for the Mexican market.
Ram 2500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
Ram 3500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
Ram 4500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
Ram 5500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.
DX Chassis Cab manufactured for the Mexican market only.
Ram ProMaster

Windsor Assembly, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The plant manufactures all vans built on the Chrysler S platform including the Ram Cargo Van, Chrysler Town and Country, Dodge Grand Caravan, Lancia Voyager and Volkswagen Routan. The plant makes just one model for Ram.

Im speaking for the U.S. markets 1500's which are built where I said they were built.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the plant in St.Louis is no more? Saw the mini van line there(was down for employee day. Was told truck line was running 3 shifts.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
St. Louis is not producing Rams.
If your truck was built in warren, you should bring in for toe alignment. Mexico plant does not have the alignment issues, if there are any. I can't state my reasoning, please don't ask.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My owners manual had a paper tucked into it, showing it was built in Warren, and the dealership it was first shipped to.
I'd rather not get into which plant I'd rather have it built in, but it was interesting to know.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
St. Louis is not producing Rams.
If your truck was built in warren, you should bring in for toe alignment. Mexico plant does not have the alignment issues, if there are any. I can't state my reasoning, please don't ask.

Any specific build dates for this?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No build dates. Not an enormous issue, just saying if your toe seems oddly out, don't second guess taking it in. :)
My truck will be going in very soon, just for peace of mind.

My left front tire keeps chopping, I am assuming it is toe but the dealer disagrees.