Which chip/programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rampitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the superchips. I don't need the Diablo. Only reason I see need for custom tuner is if I was seriously modding like heads cam intake etc... but for just a cold air intake the superchips works perfectly fine for me. It even let's you customize your shift points etc.. and it's like $400 cheaper used then the Diablo. I notice a difference for sure with the 91 octane tune. Just My 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Newjackle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the superchips. I don't need the Diablo. Only reason I see need for custom tuner is if I was seriously modding like heads cam intake etc... but for just a cold air intake the superchips works perfectly fine for me. It even let's you customize your shift points etc.. and it's like $400 cheaper used then the Diablo. I notice a difference for sure with the 91 octane tune. Just My 2 cents

Ya 600$ is pretty up there in price for what I really need. I just want to turn off mds adjust shifts maybe if it has a gear ratio change/tire size that would be great.

Rampitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya 600$ is pretty up there in price for what I really need. I just want to turn off mds adjust shifts maybe if it has a gear ratio change/tire size that would be great.
The superchips can do all of that .

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure where you guys are getting the $600 price tag at but you can get a Diablo with the hemifever tuning for $460. Absolutely worth it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
DiabloSport i2 DCX tuner for 2003-2014 Dodge Vehicles

The Diablo i2 Tuner is only $469 which includes the Hemifever Custom Tuning.

Superchips is not a bad tuner at all, but it is not near as good as a Diablo unit with custom tuning. Doesnt matter if the truck is stock or heavily modified, the custom tuning is always going to show better gains across the board than basic canned tuning.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DiabloSport i2 DCX tuner for 2003-2014 Dodge Vehicles

The Diablo i2 Tuner is only $469 which includes the Hemifever Custom Tuning.

Superchips is not a bad tuner at all, but it is not near as good as a Diablo unit with custom tuning. Doesnt matter if the truck is stock or heavily modified, the custom tuning is always going to show better gains across the board than basic canned tuning.

I thought he was talking about the t1000. I was gonna say if someone is selling a t1000 with hemifever tuning for 460 I'd be all over it lol

Tweek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
just my two cents, with the superchips, if your truck has been previously tuned or the ECU was tampered with (like mine has been due to the tire size upgrade), you may have to get your ECU reflashed because the Superchips programmer (mine is the flashpaq 3842) won't upload the tunes to the ECU. Not sure how much they'll charge to do the reflash at your local stealership, but mine was asking 136$ (1hr of labor). I would opt for the diablo because i haven't heard about this issue of mine with any of their programmers.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I thought he was talking about the t1000. I was gonna say if someone is selling a t1000 with hemifever tuning for 460 I'd be all over it lol

No one said anything about the t1000.. I was referring to the regular Diablo tuner that compared to the superchip.. Not the monitoring one. And I'm not saying the superchip is bad, Hypertech is but that's a different story. Just saying I've been really impressed and happy with my Diablo tuner. Especially after the hemifever tune.

And I didn't have issues programming my truck with the Diablo after I had switched from my ****** Hypertech.

Last edited:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it wasn't for having an 04 I wouldn't even be messing with superchips on my truck.

OP
OP
N

Newjackle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright so the Diablo I2 DCX it is then I guess.