Which cover do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrysigon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are so many different types of covers that I'm not sure which one to get. Any recommendations? Solid? Trifold? Soft? Hard?

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had two Bakflips on two trucks, very happy with them. They are a hard folding cover that offers 100% of bed space, not the cheapest for sure but definitely the perfect mix of versatile and tough...IMHO

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have a tri-fold solf tonnuepro and love it.

Can take it off in less then 5 minutes If I wanted too.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We get probably less snow than you, and we're looking at the bakflip HD to ensure it lasts a few years.

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had the Bakflip F1 for 3 yrs and absolutely love it. No complaints.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a American tonneau soft tri fold cover. Got it on sale. I think I want to change and go with a hard cover tri fold. The soft cover flaps around on the hwy. it's a little annoying with the back window open on the hwy.

Rickyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the pace Edwards jackrabbit rolling hard cover, you lose a little space in the bed for the canister but I love it. Held up with a foot of snow on it, no issues.

Cormier3288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7-liter HEMI
I have had the Bakflip F1 since 2011, and it has been through Upstate NY weather, and TX weather. No issues

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I had an Access Cover roll up on my last truck for ten years and it's quality was incredible. I wanted to try a hard cover on my Ram, so I went with an Undercover. I've very pleased with it also.

Ccravillion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a truxedo lopro qtsoft roll up that I really liked but needed more space so I put a leer cap on. I will sell it for $350 it was only used for one year my truck is crew cab with short box

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I used to have an Undercover solid cover on my F150. It was great and very sturdy. I could easily stand on it and I'm a big guy. It can be removed in about 30 seconds by yourself although it is easier with someone helping.

Now I'm using an Extang Solid Fold on my Ram. I like that I can have the cover partially open for hauling large items. It comes off in about 5 min by yourself.

I never had warranty issues with the Undercover so I can't comment on that but I have with Extang. I must say, thier warranty and service are pretty amazing. I emailed them becasue it was leaking where it folds back. I thought they were going to send me back to where I bought it (I bought it in Idaho but I live in Alberta so a long trip). They had a new one out to me via FedEx in about a week. They also included a collect waybill so I can send my old one back. None of it cost me a cent.