Which gear grease?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so you say HD rams do not need the additive, yet the OP has an HD ram and your saying he needs the additive. makes no sense.

Sorry I was bouncing between threads and forums, missed he had a HD.
Didn't mean to add to the confusion.
Correct, no additive needed on the HD Rams with the American Axle. LOL
I got it right in my first post #4, then the thread confusion got me

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From page 321, 2015 Ram Diesel Supplement.

Front and rear axles, 2500 and 3500.

"We recommend you use SAE 75W-85HD Ram GL-5 Synthetic axle lube. Limited slip additive is not required for limited slip rear axles".

its interesting that the diesel supplement manual differs from the regular owners manual when it comes gear oil for the axles. finding 75w-85 in stores is going to be tricky. id still run 75w-90 just for availability reasons. wont make much of a difference. your call though.

OP
OP
B

bartbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Went to see the service department at the Ram dealer in Bartlesville, Ok today.

they said to use synthetic 75w-90. But 75w-140 is ok too. Said it didn't make a hell of lot of difference except if you a pulling a lot of weight down where it gets real hot like Texas or Arizona. Appears I overthought this thing.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Nothing wrong with that--

Went to see the service department at the Ram dealer in Bartlesville, Ok today.

they said to use synthetic 75w-90. But 75w-140 is ok too. Said it didn't make a hell of lot of difference except if you a pulling a lot of weight down where it gets real hot like Texas or Arizona. Appears I overthought this thing.

Paying more attention than needed is really a good trait, unless it affects your production, or position-

Whatever

:crazy: JIMBO