Which tonneau cover should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Looks good.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i want one bad....but right now money tends to flow toward the house

Wheatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first thing I bought for my truck was a G2 Bakflip and I use it more than anything else. Low profile, versatile, can't open it if you lock your tailgate. My dad has a fiberglass one that lifts up at an angle but he can't haul a mower so guess who does? haha

I just bought the Extang Solid Fold rather than Bakflip because:
- can open Bak from corner with a coat hanger even if tailgate is locked (cable lock is nice but not as secure as I wanted)
- hinges on the extang seem much sturdier
- rubber edging seals on the bak would be too stiff & may not seal as nicely in > -25C temperatures (although the extang will likely require seal replacement more)
- bak requires one to close tailgate before tonneau (extang before gate)

Bak is much nicer looking hands down though. Note Extang just released their own version of the 'cable lock' tonneau too...

Cheers, hope this helps some/anyone

Longhorn2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought the Extang Solid Fold rather than Bakflip because:
- can open Bak from corner with a coat hanger even if tailgate is locked (cable lock is nice but not as secure as I wanted)
- hinges on the extang seem much sturdier
- rubber edging seals on the bak would be too stiff & may not seal as nicely in > -25C temperatures (although the extang will likely require seal replacement more)
- bak requires one to close tailgate before tonneau (extang before gate)

Bak is much nicer looking hands down though. Note Extang just released their own version of the 'cable lock' tonneau too...

Cheers, hope this helps some/anyone

I'm glad you posted this because I've been thinking of buying the Bakflip F1, but after looking at the EnCore Tonno I may buy it instead. EnCore

Jluge2615

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I ordered the Encore and it arrives tomorrow. I will post pics and review when its on.

LustinJam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Nice! How'd you wire those lights up? I bet they are clutch when you're diggin around in there...

Heres how the tubes look on the bakflip

100_7572.jpg

100_7563.jpg

And there are plugs in your bed wall just remove them and feed the tubes through there

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered the Encore and it arrives tomorrow. I will post pics and review when its on.

Wondering how this turned out? Is it 100% non-drill? I am leasing and dont want to drill holes.

Just bought my 2012 Ram saturday and am looking into lockable, secure and DRY cover for the bed....was planning on the painted fiberglass...but the foldups offer more flexibility I guess.....The Encore is looking good aside from the $900 price.....a painted fiberglass cover is not much more than that....

But again, flexibility I guess.

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ended up with the Bakflip F1.....so far love the cover.....was a little disappinted at first...some damage to the mounting rail, but it turns out it doesnt seem to affect the installation and cant see the damage once installed so......nice cover!

Attachments

• ram with f1 day 1.jpg
    ram with f1 day 1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 43
  • f1 rail damage.jpg
    f1 rail damage.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 38

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn, I would really like to get one of these! It's perfect. Easy to remove and store in those odd situations where I don't need it. (Like taking the ATV out or going camping. But the rest of the time it gives the truck a clean finished look not to mention a huge truck which is far harder to access than say a soft cover.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I want one sooo bad just can't get myself to drop the money on it