Why does outside temp affect the blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VWFS1963

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m new here, I have a 2015 Dodge Ram, crew cab with a 5.7 liter engine. My problem started in the summer, with a blown blower motor fuse, worked great for a number of months. A month ago the blower quit blowing again, fuse good so I took it to a local mechanic, he changed the blower motor worked great until the temperatures here got below freezing, now no blower. It worked fine until the temps dropped, what would this have in common? Of ANY IDEAS what to check?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’m new here, I have a 2015 Dodge Ram, crew cab with a 5.7 liter engine. My problem started in the summer, with a blown blower motor fuse, worked great for a number of months. A month ago the blower quit blowing again, fuse good so I took it to a local mechanic, he changed the blower motor worked great until the temperatures here got below freezing, now no blower. It worked fine until the temps dropped, what would this have in common? Of ANY IDEAS what to check?
Give it a couple good swats,if it comes to life,it's a cheap blower motor,grab yourself a new OEM one