Why is there no stickied thread for prices paid / discount off MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious why we don't have a thread stickied up top here for what people are paying their 5th gen trucks. I've tried searching and all i can seem to find are random individual threads with a few responses.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious why we don't have a thread stickied up top here for what people are paying their 5th gen trucks. I've tried searching and all i can seem to find are random individual threads with a few responses.

While I do really like this forum, it isn't the best for 5th gen owners/information. There's another ram forum that is more geared towards 5th gens specifically, that has a thread like you are asking about as well as order tracking and information threads. Not sure if you are already a member there or not but if not you can get a lot of information there.

Otherwise this forum isn't as active overall with 5th gen owners in my opinion. Also, the 5th gen area on this site tends to get quite a lot of threads posted incorrectly, about 4th gens/classics or occasionally 2nd and 3rd gens too. This seems to be related to people using the mobile app (which I never use so I can't say for sure), but as a desktop user it can get a little annoying as at times it seems like half the new posts here aren't even about 5th gens.

Still though, if you sift through that there is some good info here.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
While I do really like this forum, it isn't the best for 5th gen owners/information. There's another ram forum that is more geared towards 5th gens specifically, that has a thread like you are asking about as well as order tracking and information threads. Not sure if you are already a member there or not but if not you can get a lot of information there.

Otherwise this forum isn't as active overall with 5th gen owners in my opinion. Also, the 5th gen area on this site tends to get quite a lot of threads posted incorrectly, about 4th gens/classics or occasionally 2nd and 3rd gens too. This seems to be related to people using the mobile app (which I never use so I can't say for sure), but as a desktop user it can get a little annoying as at times it seems like half the new posts here aren't even about 5th gens.

Still though, if you sift through that there is some good info here.

Ive noticed that to. Im on my 3rd Ram at the moment and ive been around these parts a long time. Ive noticed how the 5th gen forum is almost dead compared to the 4th gen. I do realize there are probably 3 times as many 4th gens on the road, but I was hoping the 5th gen forum would be more active with projects, builds, threads, etc...

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive noticed that to. Im on my 3rd Ram at the moment and ive been around these parts a long time. Ive noticed how the 5th gen forum is almost dead compared to the 4th gen. I do realize there are probably 3 times as many 4th gens on the road, but I was hoping the 5th gen forum would be more active with projects, builds, threads, etc...

Yep I was hoping for the same here, but that's how I ended up joining the other forum more geared towards 5th gens a couple years back. I just got a 5th gen a few months ago but I wanted to keep track of them after they first came out a few years ago, luckily that other forum is pretty loaded with 5th gen stuff so I got a couple of good years of research prior to buying my own.

This site is definitely the best for 4th gen stuff though IMO.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Honestly I'm kind of glad we don't have a thread like that. I'm not sure what purpose it serves other than a place for people to either brag or to make those who didn't get a great deal feel bad about it. I speak from experience on the latter :doh2:

I think a better thread would be one with tips tricks and discount ideas for getting that great deal.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly I'm kind of glad we don't have a thread like that. I'm not sure what purpose it serves other than a place for people to either brag or to make those who didn't get a great deal feel bad about it. I speak from experience on the latter :doh2:

I think a better thread would be one with tips tricks and discount ideas for getting that great deal.

I see your point, but that thread on that other forum is what led me to email Mark Dodge about ordering. Without seeing it there, there is no way I would have contacted them (1500 miles away) to find out what their deal was. I have definitely noticed some deal bragging happening there, however, it has also saved a lot of people a lot of money. I like the idea for tips and tricks too, but it really also helps knowing what dealers those tips or tricks will work on and to what extent it will work. So I like the thread but would also welcome additional information like you are suggesting.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Haha, I wasn't suggesting the thread be limited to tips and tricks. It could contain anything which would improve the buying experience, and help all buyers to save money. But without the bragging LOL. Call it something like "How to get the best price on your new Ram", to copy another forum.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haha, I wasn't suggesting the thread be limited to tips and tricks. It could contain anything which would improve the buying experience, and help all buyers to save money. But without the bragging LOL. Call it something like "How to get the best price on your new Ram", to copy another forum.
Haha I hear ya, I like that a lot more too (don't care for the braggers either) but it'll happen either way once you get enough humans involved :D

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Haha I hear ya, I like that a lot more too (don't care for the braggers either) but it'll happen either way once you get enough humans involved :D
True, but with a title like "prices paid / discount off MSRP" you're just inviting it :D

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine

Add to that the problem of most buyers not really understanding what they paid. Few buyers do a clean purchase and if trades, financing, warranties, optional add ones are in the mix there’s no clarity.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Add to that the problem of most buyers not really understanding what they paid. Few buyers do a clean purchase and if trades, financing, warranties, optional add ones are in the mix there’s no clarity.

Yeah that has certainly been an issue at times too, a few people over there do their best to keep things straight and have people just show the price paid for the truck (not taxes or fees or with trade in reflected) but you still do get some of that.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
lots of Canadians on this site as well.it doesn't equate to what someone in the U.S paid.not to mention options.my power wagon toppped out at $100k with all my options,tax. and it's not even a 75th.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry I'm late to my own party, but I disagree whole heartedly with the notion that a thread of that kind would be more detrimental than good.

Yes, there were will be *** clowns that do nothing but brag about their price, but in the end, that price might be so good, it leads others to try harder to obtain a better deal......and to be honest, I used one of these mega threads about price/discount when I bought my 2015 to score a very good deal. Without it, i would have never known how good of a deal i could have gotten. Was it the best deal.....no, but it was up there.

I do also agree that some buyers are confused by the buying process and often times cant distinguish what they really paid for their truck due to trade ins, negative equity, add ons and so on, but again, many of the posters would help people understand the process better.

I found those who did understand how to lay out a clean and simple post about MSRP, Discount off MSRP, Rebates, and Final price paid ( with or without a trade ) helped make the post very informative.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I agree with you in theory. There can be some good information in those threads. It's just not what normally happens in them. I've seen a lot of those types of threads over the years, and the only advice I would have is not to look at them unless you're shopping for a new vehicle. It's too late for anyone who already purchased, and unless you got a smoking deal you're gonna feel bad about what you paid. Someone will always claim to have gotten a better deal than you. That's why I think a thread containing information on how to get the best deal would be a better tool for buyers than a thread primarily meant for people go to talk about what a good deal they got on their vehicle.

OP
OP
N

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bumping this so some mods will consider making a stickied thread for prices paid / discount off sticker thread.

This kind of thread can save people a lot of money if we could all easily see what people are paying for their trucks, as well as rebates and other discount that can help buyers save some $$

Maybe apply a template to keep it clean

MSRP ( US or Canada ):
Negotiated Price at Dealership:
Rebates:
Other discounts:
Trade in:
Final Price before TT&L:

TT&L:

OTD Price:

Last edited: