Will a 40" lightbar on Laramie set off the parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm if a 40" lightbar on the chrome bumper mounted in line with where the tow hooks go would set off the parking sensors? And has anyone completed this project already with a rounded bar on a laramie? Would like to make this my next project but not sure if it can be done without having to shut off the front sensors.

Thanks!
Dan

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I cant confirm or deny exactly what you're asking but i installed a 20" on a license plate bracket on my bighorn and had a issue with the left center sensor. No matter how i adjusted light it would chime all the time either taking off or slowing down so i nixed that idea

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm if a 40" lightbar on the chrome bumper mounted in line with where the tow hooks go would set off the parking sensors? And has anyone completed this project already with a rounded bar on a laramie? Would like to make this my next project but not sure if it can be done without having to shut off the front sensors.

Thanks!
Dan
I learned to park a Harley early on so I back in whenever I park Big White. Add the light, turn off front sensors and back in using rear sensors/camera.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol

OP
OP
DanR

DanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I learned to park a Harley early on so I back in whenever I park Big White. Add the light, turn off front sensors and back in using rear sensors/camera.

Due to the EXTREMELY tight and pillar filled underground parking where I work, the sensors are VERY handy. Love having the front ones on. Also, I'm an avid fisherman and during the summer I fish some gnarly places with questionable boat launches that have stumps, boulders and big logs along the edges of where you park. The sensors come in real handy letting me park as close to them as possible even though I can't see them, thus out of the way of other idiots that don't know how to back in their trailers ;)

Dan

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You certainly didn't owe me any explanation Dan, but glad you did. I sometimes forget there are folks with a completely different lifestyle than my own. I had to park in one of those parking decks for 4 yrs. Hated it. I'm hoping to retire real soon and do a little more of whay you're doing and a lot less of what I've been doing. I wasn't being snarky, just throwing out a different possible solution. Ed.