Will Crank but won't start! Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15005.7Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, Im new to the forum,
My 2006 5.7 just decided not to start out of the blue, It stuttered for maybe .5 a second this morning and started fine. Drove it all day, parked it in the driveway for an hour to go to the gym and all of a sudden it won't start. I don't see a fuse for the pump in the fuse box and Im really confused right now. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Im not much of a mechanic but I know the basics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like maybe a fuel pump issue. You need to see if your getting pressure at the fuel rail. I had the same thing happen to me when mine went out, it hesitated when it started earlier in the day and then just stopped working all together.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure which one, but Crankshaft/Camshaft position sensor will act the same way, but usually causes an error code. If you haven't changed these (ever), might be something to consider, mine went bad, and my neighbors 2006 just went bad too.

Handy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Generally, if you have an issue with the crank or cam position sensor, you will lose fuel and ignition. First thing to do is check both systems, from there you can narrow your focus down. If both are not working, I would start looking at the sensors. If your ignition is working and your fuel is not, start looking at the fuel sending unit/fuel pump.

Having clean battery cables is always a good idea regardless if they are the cause or not.