Wind Noise on the Passengers Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have a 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 and for the last year there has been a wind noise coming from the passenger side of the cabin around the wheel well area. The noise start when I hit about 40 mph and continues as speed increases. Has nothing to do with the AC as the noise is there with or with out the ac on. Moved the flow around and still noise. Now here is where it get crazy... I can be heading north and hear the noise / wind then turn towards the west and the noise goes away and the truck is quiet. Turn another direction and the noise comes back. It is a low pitched wind noise. It happens all the time except when I take the truck to the dealership.... Figures right.... Help if anyone has had this issue.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Get painters tape and seal up the passenger side door gaps. Also inspect all the rubber door seals.

OP
OP
G

gmoney123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess that would be a good idea, kinda figure out where the noise is coming from.... Thank you.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
It’s not unusual for wind noise to change with direction. Unless you’re in calm conditions, the wind from one side or another changes the angle at which the air flows over the vehicle.

Does using recirculating air setting affect it?

If you do not find it in the door, tape up the edges of the windshield.

There are also gaskets where the HVAC lines for refrigerant and coolant penetrate the firewall.

OP
OP
G

gmoney123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There seems to be no difference if the ac is on or off, recirculating or fresh. The noise is coming from under the dash not behind it. So I don't think it is is the windshield

57Ramoutdoors

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a loud wind noise in the drivers side in the middle of the door where the trim seal meets the window. Mostly when there is a cross wind. I have had it in the shop 6 times and they can’t figure it out. The noise mostly stops when I turn on the air circulating cab switch. Ram care is the worst customer service ever. They close the case even when not fixed. They make you feel like the defect is my fault. Going back to Ford where they take care of you.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Get some chalk and apply it to the rubber on your door. Close the door and when you open it back up you should see the chalk outline on your door frame. If you are missing some chalk that is where you are leaking air.

RamRebel101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2023 Ram Rebel which is having wind noise. I noticed that the bottom gasket on the doors do not go from the door edge to door edge. They stopped it about 3-4 inches on both sides. Would this be the cause of wind noise and road noise?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357