Wiper and Backup Camera Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwalk42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Classic about a year ago. The first day I used it the backup camera had the park assist lines, then ever since that first day the lines disappeared regardless of which setting is toggled. Additionally, the wipers started acting up about 6 months into owning the truck. When set to the 3 lowest speeds, the wipers stop halfway on the windshield for about 2 seconds, then go back down to complete the full wiper motion. The wipers work fine on the two highest speeds. I brought it to the dealer and they didn’t have any answers for me. Have any of you dealt with similar issues?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Classic about a year ago. The first day I used it the backup camera had the park assist lines, then ever since that first day the lines disappeared regardless of which setting is toggled. Additionally, the wipers started acting up about 6 months into owning the truck. When set to the 3 lowest speeds, the wipers stop halfway on the windshield for about 2 seconds, then go back down to complete the full wiper motion. The wipers work fine on the two highest speeds. I brought it to the dealer and they didn’t have any answers for me. Have any of you dealt with similar issues?
If it's still under warranty I would make them figure out what the problem is. Someone else with more knowledge can chime in, but I wonder if the steering wheel clock spring could cause these issues?

OP
OP
K

Kwalk42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A 22 ram should still be covered under the factory warranty. Bring it in and let them fix it.
Yeah I brought it in and it was at the dealer for about a week, they couldn't figure out what the problem on the spot but the chrysler engineers advised them to replace the BCM that controls both the wipers and camera. Hopefully when I bring it back next week that will fix it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I brought it in and it was at the dealer for about a week, they couldn't figure out what the problem on the spot but the chrysler engineers advised them to replace the BCM that controls both the wipers and camera. Hopefully when I bring it back next week that will fix it.
I'd be interested to know the results...good luck!