Workaround for Retractable Tonneau Cover Usable with Multi-Function Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NDSinWimb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was loving my new 2024 RAM 1500 - when I discovered that it is not possible to install a Roll N Lock retractable tonneau cover with the multi-function tailgate (MFT). The culprit is apparently the angle brackets at the forward end of the bed that provide necessary stiffening for the MFT.

I am advised by local professionals that an alternative bracket can be substituted, but that will still require modifications to the canister that will void the warranty.

Has anyone been able to resolve this problem WITHOUT voiding the warranty, or messing up the function of the MFT? Or, are there other suppliers of high quality retractables (other than Roll N Lock) that work with this truck? I need the groove on the top of the rail so I can mount Yakima "Landing Pads" to place bike racks at chest-high level, but still gain access to the bed of the truck without having to disassemble everything...

Tks for your advice.