Would a 2003 3.7L Valve body work with a 2007 5.7 Hemi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am trying to replace my step-moms valve body/shift solenoid in her truck and was able to get one that belongs to a 2003 3.7L ram 1500. I have been trying to search it up and from what I can see they use the same transmission and can work even if they are 2WD to 4WD, all you have to do is update the program/coding but I would like a definitive answer if possible so I could save myself a long drive in a few days. Also, there may be a chance to get a 6.0 hemi valve body and solenoid, so If this one can't work, could that possibly work? Thanks for the help.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, that early they still use the RFE trans. It will require a 'quick learn', which requires a scanner with dealer level abilities. There is no such thing as a '6.0 hemi' and if you found any VB from any hemi with a 6 in front it won't be compatible.

OP
OP
B

Big_Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, I appreciate it. Would it matter if the truck is a 5.7 hemi? They texted me last night saying it was hemi so I want to be sure.

OP
OP
B

Big_Mac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, that early they still use the RFE trans. It will require a 'quick learn', which requires a scanner with dealer level abilities. There is no such thing as a '6.0 hemi' and if you found any VB from any hemi with a 6 in front it won't be compatible.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Would it matter if the truck is a 5.7 hemi? They texted me last night saying it was hemi so I want to be sure.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If your truck or the donor truck is? Either way, if it's an RFE trans prior to about 2009 you're good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357