Would this work on 2015 fog light ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I took out the 45W 9145 bulbs in mine and put in a pair of 9005 Sylvania Silverstar XFEs. 9006s will not work because the plug in is different. However it's the same as a 9005. It will be a little harder to install the bulbs in the housing because the plastic tabs are a hair off, but I got mine in with no modifications. They are bright as hell due to being 65W and the front of the bulb isn't dipped either. I thought about going the LED route with the fog lights, but I figured they would be too bright and the housings would throw the light everywhere and blind oncoming drivers.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
At this point without a '15 specific harness with the correct resistance nothing other than halogen will work. When I first bought my 15 I tried led and hid's and with some help from jj figured out that the 15's were a new beast when trying to upgrade the lighting. I just tried led pods for fogs hoping that would draw enough power to trick the computer and no luck. The only leds that I can get to work are the interior lights and the license plate lights.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At this point without a '15 specific harness with the correct resistance nothing other than halogen will work. When I first bought my 15 I tried led and hid's and with some help from jj figured out that the 15's were a new beast when trying to upgrade the lighting. I just tried led pods for fogs hoping that would draw enough power to trick the computer and no luck. The only leds that I can get to work are the interior lights and the license plate lights.

Sh**, serious bro? So basically as it stands us 2015 muppets are out of luck?

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks, so basically you put in beefier halogen bulbs into the stock fog housing? I was wondering wouldnt the current or power draw be too much for this?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I added Sylvania silver star ultras in the heads and fogs. I believe as long as you add a halogen bulb you will be fine

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It will work on 14 and below. The 15's are a different animal when it comes to lighting. No one has a canbus adapter for the 15's.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will work on 14 and below. The 15's are a different animal when it comes to lighting. No one has a canbus adapter for the 15's.

So is there anything that we can replace LED wise to the outside stock assemblies without errors? Only the license plate light so far works for me. The reverse canbus cree gave me errors . wanting to do something to the fog and headlights and also third brakw light bar. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Not that I've seen

johnbradshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
1994 - 2002
Engine
99 ram 2500 with 5.9 24 valve
You need a CANBUS compatiable LED bulbs, and Ram needs a special kind of CANBUS which is not known to be out on the market as of this time!

Bardolphus Mandelbaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Put the 9006 LEDs from Xenon Depot in my 2015 Longhorn fogs. Weird install - the driver side needed a CANbus adapter, the passenger side did not. Without the adapter, the driver side would flash and then go out.

FWIW, I also did 9012 LED lamps in the headlights - same story. The driver side needed a CANbus adapter, the passenger side did not.

They've been working fine now for about a week with the adapters just on the driver side lamps. Can't explain why, but it works so far. Hope this helps...

Munqee

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took out the 45W 9145 bulbs in mine and put in a pair of 9005 Sylvania Silverstar XFEs. 9006s will not work because the plug in is different. However it's the same as a 9005. It will be a little harder to install the bulbs in the housing because the plastic tabs are a hair off, but I got mine in with no modifications. They are bright as hell due to being 65W and the front of the bulb isn't dipped either. I thought about going the LED route with the fog lights, but I figured they would be too bright and the housings would throw the light everywhere and blind oncoming drivers.

I tried to put 9005's in my 2015 and the "rails" inside prevented this from happening, 9145 have 1, 9005 have 2, because I read this was possible on this forum, so now I have 2 sets of bulbs that are useless to me unless I dremel them or something...:banghead:

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a set of $15 eBay 9005 LED bulbs on my 15 fog lights assuming they wouldn't work but didn't care because they cost $15. Almost certain they weren't going to work because I tried putting LED pods down there and they wouldn't work with the factory wiring. Believe it or not these cheap eBay LEDs actually work. I read some guys said they put LED fogs in and they'd work for 15 min and shutoff, I drove for an hour last night and they stayed on the entire way home.

2X 9006 HB4 Epistar High Power LED White 6000K 60W Fog Light Driving Lamp Bulb | eBay

As far as light output they're pretty lousy, that's not why I put them in. My projector retrofit is so bright it'll wash out just about any set of fog lights. I simply wanted my fogs to be the same color as my HID headlights. If that's what you're looking for then these will work.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put a set of $15 eBay 9005 LED bulbs on my 15 fog lights assuming they wouldn't work but didn't care because they cost $15. Almost certain they weren't going to work because I tried putting LED pods down there and they wouldn't work with the factory wiring. Believe it or not these cheap eBay LEDs actually work. I read some guys said they put LED fogs in and they'd work for 15 min and shutoff, I drove for an hour last night and they stayed on the entire way home.

2X 9006 HB4 Epistar High Power LED White 6000K 60W Fog Light Driving Lamp Bulb | eBay

As far as light output they're pretty lousy, that's not why I put them in. My projector retrofit is so bright it'll wash out just about any set of fog lights. I simply wanted my fogs to be the same color as my HID headlights. If that's what you're looking for then these will work.

That's what I'm looking for, something to match 6K HID low beams without having to go HID in the fogs. For $18.99 I think these are at least worth a shot.

Your's is a 2015 correct? Just wondering because under your screen name it says Ram Year 2014.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I'm looking for, something to match 6K HID low beams without having to go HID in the fogs. For $18.99 I think these are at least worth a shot.

Your's is a 2015 correct? Just wondering because under your screen name it says Ram Year 2014.

Yea I have a 2015. Traded the 2014 in May so I should change that.