Xpresskit Remote Start For 2013 Now Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JohnD72

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will go to my local dealer to install the dball very soon on my 14.

I got my answer from "Directed" ( the manufacturer of the dball ) and they said that the dball for the 2013 ( not the same as the 2012 of before ) was compatible with the 2014.

Little update; They have sucessfully installed the dball kit on my 2014 truck. For not more than the price for the kit on internet. 212$ cdn installed.:rockit:

It has been installed in and is working for the 2014.

Last edited:

Thaylin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks John, but my question is does it work with the harness and didn't need to splice wires. Was it simple plug and play on the 2014s?

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JohnD72

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is a link to the DBALL RSR Install Manual & Wiring Diagram for installing the DBALL & THCHD3 T-Harness with a 'Standard Ignition Key'. (DBALL Chrysler6 RSR firmware).
http://xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9250&productid=553&firmwareid=6758

Here is a link to the DBALL RSR Install Manual & Wiring Diagram for installing the DBALL & THCHD3 T-Harness with a 'Smart Key'. (DBALL Chrysler3 RSR firmware).
http://xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9039&productid=461&firmwareid=3871

For additional RSR DBALL Install Manuals, go to XpressKit.com - Interfacing the Past, Present and Future. , then search for your THCHD3 Compatible vehicle, and download the RSR Install Guide

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Any one that has got this to work on the 2013..

Hey I had no luck with my T-harness and module for me 2013. I flashed the module a couple times and tried the bi-pass switch in off and on. I only connected the plugs on the T-harness not the 2 wires that I was told were not needed to get the remote start to actually work. Would like know if anyone had to splice in the two wires or not? Doug has not swapped out my module and harness yet , keeps asking me questions then does not get back to me. Thanks/

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got it to work on a 2013 with no splicing. Plugged the harness into the ignition and the obd II connector.

njdad61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received mine w/ T-Harness today from Doug, but I never got an email with the temporary password. Just a $170 paperweight right now...

EDIT: Doug emailed me the temp password a couple of hours after I messaged him. Got it installed and it works great! It was a pain to fit under the dash to splice the 2 wires into the BCM harnesses, but I think it's a must to ensure it's started. I enabled the defroster when the temp's under 32°F, but it didn't come on automatically last night (@ 25°). Not a big deal though, since it only defrosts the mirrors.

joereloader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Considering this on my 2014. Please post how your install goes. I'm comfortable taping into lights to get them to work.
Thanks,
Joe

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hardest part about this install is re-downloading internet explorer to my computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JohnD72

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Hey I had no luck with my T-harness and module for me 2013. I flashed the module a couple times and tried the bi-pass switch in off and on. I only connected the plugs on the T-harness not the 2 wires that I was told were not needed to get the remote start to actually work. Would like know if anyone had to splice in the two wires or not? Doug has not swapped out my module and harness yet , keeps asking me questions then does not get back to me. Thanks/

Did you ever get any help with this?

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I am having the same problem. Red light flashes three times stating that "check the bypass like connection, make sure there is a continuity between the 2 sides of the cut and turn the ignition ON. "
I check everything and it's plugged in played with the toggle switch. No luck.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never mind I figured out my mistake. To the user who had the same problem. This May or may not work. But the white harness' are the ones you don't use. The black are the ones you connect to your ignition. That was my mistake I tore into it before reading completely. "Guys don't read instructions" yea that's me. So here's the pics ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392950682.621104.jpg the white here are the ones you do NOT use ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392950698.804440.jpg
The black ones here are the ones you DO use

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
However now when I installed it and press my lock button 3x the red led flashes 7x which is not listed in the trouble shooting.

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After a LONG night I finally got it installed and working on my 2013. It took a lot of finagling of web browsers. My problem was on step 5/6 there was no "next" button. I didn't realize it until I explored every other possibility. Well my internet explorer wouldn't show it. So I had to go Into chrome which wouldn't read the device so I had to enable a feature that let it. Needless to say it was a experience that's for sure. I plugged and unplugged my ignition probably 10+ times. But it works now I guess that's all that counts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392970436.857960.jpg
This picture you can see no next button
And in the second picture the flash button isn't clickable. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392970460.939273.jpg