Ya try and keep it clean , and BAM !!! Now it wont start !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markdavid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
88 W100 , 318 , auto , 4x4 , has ran, started in the hottest , coldest of times , faithfully !! give it a bath with my new pressure washer , yes , underhood too and now no start . Cranks fine , just no start !! i did the normal , 1st thing drying of distributor cap , wires checking for water . All good ! Any chance the computer box got fried ? 4379666 box # . Any and ALL tips how to tell if it did will help . This happened over a month ago , so i know all moistures are gone in where ever hidden , unseen locations are . Let me know please ! anyone have a known , cheap but good replacement available ?? Again , let me know !!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Start with the basics. Check for spark, fuel and air. Does it start if you spray ether in the intake?

Can you even buy Quickstart anymore? That was a fabulous substance for troubleshooting starting issues.

I can't find Quickstart but there seem to be many other products that claim to have the same function.

Last edited:

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Can you even buy Quickstart anymore? That was a fabulous substance for troubleshooting starting issues.

I can't find Quickstart but there seem to be many other products that claim to have the same function.

Damn, now there's a flash back!! We used to use Quick Start on some of our military vehicles after sitting for a while. Used to come in a small propane style can. Haven't seen it in years! Tons of different starting fluids out there, ether or heptane based are the most common.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe you knocked a wire or two loose somewhere , give it a good visual inspection , pressure washers are powerful.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have pressure washed my motors for over 50 years at the wand wash. Trick is to NOT get the high pressure spray right up against stuff that is water sensitive. The Degreaser goes on at low pressure, let it sit 15 minutes and then use the rinse, at a reasonable distance to rinse it off. Motor will come out nice and clean. Clean motors look nice, are easier to spot any leaks on, cut down on overheating and are WAY nicer to work on.

1992 Forerunner - owned since new.

1684784089730.png

1684784222555.png

Since it is too late for the above advice, you have to go from here. WD40, the WD stands for water displacement. Spray it into the distributor, the cap, coil and as many connections as you can. Once you get the truck started go back and respray with silicone lube to wash out the WD as it gets cruddy and attracts crap when it dries..

Now check and see if you have spark. Go from there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517