Yet Another Converted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Hello all. New here and just wanted to save hi.
I was geared up to get a new truck this year, my first personal pickup truck to be precise. To be completely honest, I wasn't even considering a RAM as I personally liked what Chevy/GMC and Ford had to offer more. (No pitchforks and torches please!)
It was actually seeing the new 1500 in person at the NAIAS that immediately made it the front runner for me.
With that said, I'm heavily anticipating the release of the 2019's, particularly that stunning Longhorn trim.
Well, anyway, pleased to meet you all and I'm quite sure I'll be spending some time here in the months and years to come.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, are you gonna order a new 2019 or buy one off a lot once they are available?

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
I was a Ford guy before I bought my first Ram, never liked Chevy's. I've had two Ram trucks now and wouldn't consider anything else at this point.

OP
OP
Eightd21

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
I was a Ford guy before I bought my first Ram, never liked Chevy's. I've had two Ram trucks now and wouldn't consider anything else at this point.

I know guys with trucks from all of the big three. To be completely honest they're all really nice haha. I feel like at this point it all comes down to personal preference, and you know what mine is now!
welcome, are you gonna order a new 2019 or buy one off a lot once they are available?

I'd certainly prefer to order one, but when they're available I know I'll get a better deal on one off the lot. Seems like I'll have to wait a bit on the Longhorn and Rambox availability as well.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Actually I don't know about getting a better deal for one they have ON the lot. Usually the new body styles go for a premium price and the dealers mark them up thousands of dollars over MSRP. People who must have the newest everything, will pay that price. I might be wrong since I have never special ordered a vehicle but... If you configure it online, doesn't that give you an actual price minus dealer prep and hidden fee's? At least that way you have a set price to go by.

OP
OP
Eightd21

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
It can certainly be that way, but I live in Southeast Michigan and we have a lot, and I do mean a LOT of dealers here. They tend to keep each other fairly competitive. Plus, at the very least I know I qualify for supplier discount lol.
I certainly wouldn't pay sticker price for any vehicle though, even for a lease.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard. I jumped the Chevrolet ship years ago! (2005) and never looked back.

I was recently rearended and my rental truck is a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado. I have a 2017 Ram.. and I tell you - man that Ram is top notch. Silverado is junk. The interior is flat out junk and plastic. It rattles and the cups holders are the worst.. what where you thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? haha

I can't wait to get my truck back!!!!