02 ram 1500 transmission question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamz3333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2002 ram 1500 5.9 gas. About a week ago it threw a code p0748.It would start out in 2nd and shift to 3rd and that was it. I could sometimes shut the truck off and start it back up and it shift fine. I checked some wiring and connections and thought I found the problem, so I reset the code and it shifted fine for about 100 miles, now it starts out in 3rd and will shift to overdrive. It will not shift to 1st or 2nd unless I do it manually. I checked the connections that I checked before and everything seems fine. It has no codes so I am at a stand still. I really don't want to have it checked out at a dealer ship if it is something fairly simple. Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
J

Jamz3333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm waiting for the pressure solenoid and sensor to come in and I'm going to replace them. I just wanted to know if I'm kind of heading in the right direction or if it's possibly the computer messing up.

duggyphresh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever correct the problem with your governor sensor? I am also having issues with my 2001 5.2 only it doesn't shift out of any gear at WOT. TV cable adjustments do not effect it either. I've heard this governor sensor is the culprit for numerous transmission problems. Transmission is a fresh rebuild <10k miles on it.