06 VS power driver seat wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ethanjohnas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
So my 07 ram seatback wouldn’t move and it was seized and it looked like it wouldn’t be repairable when I took it apart. So I found some seats out of a 06 Ram that looked identical with the only difference being they had 3 switches instead of the single switch mine had. After I went to put them in I realized the plug was different so I hooked the power wire and ground from the truck harness to the 06 seat harness and the seat worked. The problem I am having now is an airbag light for seat position sensor open circuit. Which now leaves me with a couple questions. One does the 06 seats have a seat position sensor? Could it be bypassed? I have heard of some people using a resistor to fool the computer. If the seat has one what wires would I have to splice and hardwire to make it work? I would prefer to be able to wire the one from the 06 seat if it has one vs bypassing but either or I want my airbags to work in case of a collision so my main objective is for the light to be off. Thanks for any advice or tips.