12 ram 1500 service trailer brake system and service 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brittany devino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello im new here. My 12 ram 1500 a month ago once in a while the service trailer brake system light and service 4wd light would come on the dash at the same time and lock the truck in park. I found out the pin for one of the parking brake shoes in the rear rusted apart letting it go around the wheel. So i replaced both side in the rear with new parking brake shoes and hardware kit and now it's doing the whole service trailer brake system and service 4wd system light every time i drive it and locking me in park. I tried looking for other threads but none were the same issue.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Hello im new here. My 12 ram 1500 a month ago once in a while the service trailer brake system light and service 4wd light would come on the dash at the same time and lock the truck in park. I found out the pin for one of the parking brake shoes in the rear rusted apart letting it go around the wheel. So i replaced both side in the rear with new parking brake shoes and hardware kit and now it's doing the whole service trailer brake system and service 4wd system light every time i drive it and locking me in park. I tried looking for other threads but none were the same issue.

Use a scanner and pull the codes.

OP
OP
B

brittany devino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a scanner last week when the lights were coming on every time i drive it and it came up as 0 detected for codes.

OP
OP
B

brittany devino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I even disconnected the battery for 15 minutes then reconnected it to reset the computer and put the scanner to it and still no codes came up.

Willyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I'm having the same issue. Overnight the truck wont start and is stuck in park. 2010 3500 6.7. Have checked both batteries and tried unhooking them overnight. No change. Looking for some answers. Have you found what your issue was?

Steven Hanly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is an older post but did you ever find what the issue was ? My 2012 just started doing the same thing.

Riv3rr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had this issue and it ended up being the brake light switch being stuck. $20 and a trip to autozone fixed it. Hope this helps.