12" Screen unresponsive with slightly low battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiner0121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The 12" touchscreen on my 2019 2500 limited freezes whenever the battery is slightly low. This has occurred several times over the past three years, typically when my truck is outside in cold whether. Truck starts fine but the screen is unresponsive for 30 minutes. During that time none of the screen functions work(climate, media,etc). This was particularly annoying when I had my ice fishing bibs and coat on and unable to turn off the seat heat. Dealer implied this was a known issue and a new battery would fix it. I find it amazing that I have plenty of battery to start my truck but a slight drop in voltage freezes the screen. I was curious if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The 12" touchscreen on my 2019 2500 limited freezes whenever the battery is slightly low. This has occurred several times over the past three years, typically when my truck is outside in cold whether. Truck starts fine but the screen is unresponsive for 30 minutes. During that time none of the screen functions work(climate, media,etc). This was particularly annoying when I had my ice fishing bibs and coat on and unable to turn off the seat heat. Dealer implied this was a known issue and a new battery would fix it. I find it amazing that I have plenty of battery to start my truck but a slight drop in voltage freezes the screen. I was curious if anyone else has experienced this issue.
A "slight drop in voltage" can mean a great deal. What do you consider "slightly low"? An AGM battery with a SoC less than 12.5V is considered 30% or more depleted.

1707164444122.png

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Please Update us Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads