14 RAM 1500 Canada Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hungrycat7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello All,

Brand new to Dodge ownership and brand new to the forum. Just purchased a 14 RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI Sport. Truck has only 35,000 miles and looks and drives like it is brand new. The truck came from Canada and is missing certain technology that I would love.

First, there are no apps available on the UConnect system. From what I've read, this is because the truck is a Canadian truck. According to the research I have done, adding this feature can be expensive and slightly difficult. Does anyone have a step by step and approximate cost to convert?

Second, there is no backup camera. I do have the large screen in the dash though. Can I just purchase the OEM camera and install? Does the truck come pre-wired and flashed to support the conversion?

Sorry for the questions that may have already been answered but I already love the truck and am excited to see what else it can do!

CamronB143

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Fellow Canadian with a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport as well.

Know that Canadian vehicles, and so most Canadians, get limited functionality with tech stuff like you're after. If you are looking for a specific app, that might help know where to point you. Do you know your radio version and/or part number? You can update the radio software, though! I just finished updating my radio software today, so I can answer any questions you have. I now have "Apps" showing up where it didn't before, but can't really install anything, because yeah, Canada.

You could go for an OEM camera, but from what I understand, you either need to have a dealer activate the feature or write the change yourself. Look into AlfaOBD and the OBDLink adapters, they are cheap enough.

Welcome to the club!