18 Powerwagon tire upgrade problems

What are you experienced with upgrading to 35’s

• No problems

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes Problems with 35’s upgrading

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pwrwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer replaced draglink and Fup the alignment which worn out my front tires in 5,000 mile.

So it was time to upgrade to 35x12.5x17
when with Toyos Opencounty R/T
3 out of 5 tires are bad wont bal so front ed shakes.
There ordering Nittos for me instead.

Any one ever had this happened my worn out tires did shake i hope gong to 35's with Nittos this wont happen.

let me know your cmments please

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
plenty of people here running the Toyo R/T tires. 3 out of 5 is crazy for defective tires!!

I have the Toyo open country AT2 tires, no issues balancing them. and they ride great.

I have no feedback on the Nittos.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also get the alignment specs from thuren bros.

OP
OP
P

Pwrwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know everyone I know running Toyos has had good experience on there M/T’s
Discount Tire Said they see a lot of Toyo’s with issues but 3 at once is nuts.
Nitto’s are rated good hopefully

OP
OP
P

Pwrwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They Used to be but not anymore or two separate companies from what I’m told

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
As of one year ago both the Toyo and Nitto tires were to be made at the same tire plant...

Toyo Will Reopen U.S. Plant on May 3
April 30, 2020

Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc. will reopen its consumer tire plant in White, Ga., on May 3.

"Production will be ramped up gradually and our plan is to bring back all of our employees on a revised shift schedule," according to a statement from Toyo that was issued this afternnon.

"To ensure the health and safety of all of our employees, we have instituted measures at all Toyo Tire facilities in accordance with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The plant provides employment to approximately 2000 Georgia residents."

When running at full capacity, the plant can build 46,500 units per day, according to MTD research.

"We are pleased to be able to continue to fulfill demand for the Toyo and Nitto brand tires from our loyal customers, many of whom serve as essential service providers during this challenging period. We thank them for their support, which has enabled us to reopen our Georgia plant.

"Our customer service center, logistic team, and distribution centers continue to remain open for business."

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/articles/11575-toyo-will-reopen-u-s-plant-on-may-3

OP
OP
P

Pwrwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you ! I was told they separated companies can’t believe what you here

OP
OP
P

Pwrwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted M/T but cause of COVID back order for few months, I just read a few reviews of the R/T they say there do have vibration in steering wheel otherwise good tires I don’t want vibration in my steering. They say the Nitto grappler has none and almost the same tread design and last just as well but proform better.
Go figure I just had bad luck.
I tried to using hypertechs speedometer calabrater does not work on 2018 Ram either. I guess I have to go to the dealer

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have RT in 35’s and smooth as silk and very little weight to balance. This my second set firstvset was on my jeep and they were the same way.

dogman1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am on my second set of Toyo R/Ts in 37". Both sets have been awesome and smooth.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
31 degrees Fahrenheit this morning and 83 degrees right now in the shade. I run 35 PSI cold in my 35" Toyo C/T's at the low temperature. Can't blame the Toyo tires for flat spots due I had the same with other brands. 50 plus degress diurnal temperature variation is normal here and impacts the tire PSI by over 5 PSI substantially. Causes some vibration until they warm up. Extremely satisfied with my Toyo tires.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I hate to say this, but i would not take a vehicle to a Dodge dealership for anything involving wheels & tires, ie: alignments, unless the vehicle was still under the original factory warranty & everything was 100% stock from the factory.

I can't say as i have ever heard of a dealership modifying the suspension package & getting it right

Heck the dealerships have the best tire machine that is readily available, the Hunter Road Force Tire Balance Machine & they they can't even seem to use it properly, that machine needs someone that is properly trained to run it & dealerships don't give the Techs any proper training, ask anyone that runs the machine if they ever had a Hunter representative show them how it works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pwrwagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update:: just had Nitto RIDGE GRAPPLER put on and the Toyo R/T taken off.
What a difference no vibration on highway they look more aggressive on the side walls than the Toyo’s
Got to say Discount tires always stands behind there tires and is worth every cent to get there Certificates They cover rotation any time fix or replace a tire and if it’s in side wall they always replace cost $0
I rotate every 3,000 on my tires. My wife even took her brand new jeep there and paid $125 to cover all cover her tires. Great deal