1988 dodge w250 transmission cooler help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kozogo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9L gas
Thanks in advance for reading. I have a dodge transmission replacement project going on, and have run into a hiccup with trying to replace the transmission coolant system. I measured the width of the cooler, it being about 24 inches wide, and almost 10 3/4 tall. But no auto parts store seems to have that size, and I can't find an identical one online either. They think it might be an aftermarket kind, but it looks like it bolts up properly, and is made to fit right in front of the radiator. I'm kind of at a loss for what I should do, as I can't run the new transmission(A727) without the coolant system being replaced. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!1000004767.jpg

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
That is definitely an aftermarket radiator. Rock auto should have a couple listed for auto trans. Make sure you get one with enough cores, based on how the truck is equipped (4X4, A/C, etc).

Note: The original transmission cooling lines would have run from the transmission to the lower inlet on the radiator; out of the radiator to the secondary cooler in front of the radiator, and then return to the transmission.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can find one the right dimensions that should be enough. You might have to drill holes in the bracket area to make it fit the radiator, but if it fits it's good enough. Those older transmission coolers and radiators all worked the exact same way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme