1992 Dodge D150 318

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Park

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Hey guys, so recently my truck randomly died while I was driving it, it ran perfect before hand. It died right outside of a mechanic shop so I got them to fix it. They redid the wiring and the thing ran perfect except the oil light would come on when I would press on the brakes. Now it would seem that something else is going wrong. When the vehicle has been running for a bit, it will start to overheat. Not only this but when I come to a stop my power drops to the point my vehicle almost stalls and the oil pressure drops and the oil light comes on. It will then completely stall even when driving. The mechanic redid the positive terminal for the battery and so I tried tightening it after shoving the wires in further and it fired right back up. However, the problem is still occurring. It runs good for a while and then the power starts to die and the oil pressure drops, it will go back to normal while I’m driving but as soon as I start to break it begins happening again. It seems like my oil pressure is struggling to go back up at this point, also the engine is roaring at this point when I accelerate, I assume this is because it is extremely hot. All fluid levels are good. Highway driving it is alright but stop and go it keeps stalling, any ideas as to what could be causing this? I’m not the most mechanically inclined but I do have the Haynes repair manual and can follow instructions to a tee. Not only this but my brother is an apprentice heavy duty mechanic and will help me do what needs to be done but he’s not too experienced when it comes to older vehicles.

gogereaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running hot and losing power sounds like a head gasket. Check for contaminated oil.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990