1999 Dodge Ram 2500 dies while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graywlfz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0l V10
I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with 8.0l V10 and auto trans. It died on me while driving it through the subdivision. I found my negative battery cable loose so I tightened it up thinking I just had a bad ground. Started up and drove for about 10 minutes then died again and wouldn't restart. I can hear the fuel pump running when I cycle the key, and the fuel pump is relatively new. It has a new crank sensor in it from last year, and I know the pcm uses the correlation of the ckp and the cmp to time the ignition spark and fuel injector pulses. So I put a new cam sensor in it, thinking that made sense. Replaced the cmp and it started right up, idled for about 15 minutes just fine. Nice and smooth. Put it in gear to take it for a test drive and it immediately died as soon as I started to move. I'm out of ideas here. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Also, the truck was in a fender bender 2 days before this started. But ran great for those 2 days before this happened.

And there are no codes to be found either.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is the 5th Generation forum. You may want to post this on the 2nd Gen forum as it could be specific to your year vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357