2/4 lowered but bottoming out alot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilligaf-23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the 2/4 belltech drop on and any big bump I bottom out hard. Anybody else have issue? are you living with it or did you install anything to help

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I pulled the belltechs out of my RCSB 4X4 and replaced them with a set of springs out a R/T and cut them to where they gave me a 4" rear drop. Cutting a stock spring effectively increases it's spring rate,and the factory R/T springs have a bunch of progressive coils that you can cut off,and still have a decent ride.
I did add the Airlift in coil bags,but they were added so i could plant the rear end better at the dragstrip,more then for preventing bottoming out. I run the pass side bag at about 10 to 11 psi and the drivers side bag at 7 to 8 psi,to help combat torque from lifting the pass side tire
If you do end up going with in coil bags,split the bags up so each has it's own fill port.The licence plate bolts are where i ran my fill ports.

Attachments

• IMG_1919.JPG
    IMG_1919.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Dilligaf-23

Dilligaf-23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pulled the belltechs out of my RCSB 4X4 and replaced them with a set of springs out a R/T and cut them to where they gave me a 4" rear drop. Cutting a stock spring effectively increases it's spring rate,and the factory R/T springs have a bunch of progressive coils that you can cut off,and still have a decent ride.
I did add the Airlift in coil bags,but they were added so i could plant the rear end better at the dragstrip,more then for preventing bottoming out. I run the pass side bag at about 10 to 11 psi and the drivers side bag at 7 to 8 psi,to help combat torque from lifting the pass side tire
If you do end up going with in coil bags,split the bags up so each has it's own fill port.The licence plate bolts are where i ran my fill ports.
I did put air lift bags in. Problem is, they are for stock truck not the 4" drop. Did you get correct size to account for drop? if so, do you have part #

OP
OP
Dilligaf-23

Dilligaf-23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most end up bagging the rear springs with something like air lift bags.

On the front adjustable shocks are favorites, either qa1s or Vikings
I have the belltech street performance shocks in that I dont like. do you have the part number for the ones you run

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I did put air lift bags in. Problem is, they are for stock truck not the 4" drop. Did you get correct size to account for drop? if so, do you have part #
If i remember right you want the ones for a Durango,but it's been 8 years since i installed them,so you'll want to double check on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500