20 000$ Trail Damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wagoner? I thought that is a J10.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
looks like a J10 I had. but if the hood/front ends were the same it would be hard to tell from that angle. The balls on that person driving there!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
https://www.naxja.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-63741.html

The photo was edited. It's a cropped photo by Warn for a 1975 ad.

Although Colorado license plates from around that time were two letters with a space followed by 4 numbers, they weren't similar to the vehicle's plate in the photo. Colorado license plates were green with white mountains, with white digits, and with a dash between the letters and numbers. It's more than likely a doctored photo from Washington State of a full sized Jeep truck within the Cascades on a forest road.

Vanishing-Point-1970-Dodge-Challenger-RT-426-Hemi-07.jpg

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Trail damage happens sometimes. It hurts, but you get over it.

the following all happened on the same trail . Not quite the dollar amount as yours, but I needed a new bed side.

D466F3FD-DB16-428E-A5E9-F5C8E63B2569.jpeg 262157DE-518E-4F74-A92D-7789205C792C.jpeg FE089A77-D64A-4891-B472-0A30C25188E1.jpeg 5744ED03-BD78-49A4-A3EF-27A444A0D46E.jpeg

Eagle86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New vehicles use skins rather than real sheet metal. I've been out in my AMC Eagle and had branches bounce right off the body yet the Chev and Ram in front and behind were damaged from it.

Mine buffed out.

That damage sucks though.

I wonder if the bed liner that doesn't crack and can make a water melon bounce when it's coated would help.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like something Westin would do and show us all on his You Tube channel!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch he responds, “na I just wanted to see if I could make it” hahaha

Well, apparently, he has the $$$$$$ and skills for repairs, etc, so those issues neva entered his thought process. There would be no way, me , personally, would run my purty truck through that. Would find somebody has a 73 Ford long bed with a 7.3 to go through that, but that is my thought process and having limited $$$$ and skills, just saying, IMHO.....

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol!

Like anything, when it’s your property you can do whatever you want with it. Enjoy it.

Geez am I the only one that bought a power wagon just because they look cool and never had any desire to take it off road?

I could not do the $$$ for the PW, so had to settle for Bighorn, love the ride and the amenities, tho I do have a lower trim truck. I would do a PW, but alas, my truck sits 95% of time in front of house, so not really an issue.

BUT OP: U go dude, do what works for U, neva mind us, LOL...

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I wonder if their isn't a market for heavy duty body panels? I would love to have a 25 year old PW, but I don't think that I could enjoy a new one.
This reminded me of when I lost the road in my brand new Isuzu Trooper in Big Bend. I ended up going 10 miles up a dry creek bed.
The truck was mostly protected by Aussie Bull Bars and skid plates, but the sides were pretty scratched up and the skid plates were badly dented. Still, I wouldn't take anything for the experience.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to get my 10-k four wheeler to play in the snow oh boy!

Tearing up my 60-k Power Wagon Ram with 20-k damage and finding that insurance don't cover Stupid = Pricless !

Hemi_Don

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
My TOTAL sympathy !! I know exactly how you feel !
Rest easy now. As long as you are well, that's all that matters.
It took a year for my broken back to heal after wrecking my Duster 3 yrs ago. But more importantly, I welded a new front in on that bugger and LOVE to drive it again.
But the racing is over!
Have a great day !

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
My truck needs a new front left fender which I already had delivered, a paint job, fender pinch joint elimination/inserts also on hand ordered and delivered and a few dings fixed on the body as well as a professional applied paint job, That is after twelve years ownership as a ALL DUTY truck. It gets it this year if all goes well.

Truck is not a bulldozer though. I would have taken another ATV in to tow the other one out. If you have comprehensive coverage it would ease the pain a lot.

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
My TOTAL sympathy !! I know exactly how you feel !
Rest easy now. As long as you are well, that's all that matters.
It took a year for my broken back to heal after wrecking my Duster 3 yrs ago. But more importantly, I welded a new front in on that bugger and LOVE to drive it again.
But the racing is over!
Have a great day !

340? 4 speed? I had a fast car but never got a Dodge Dart with those applications. Always wanted one.