2001 5.9 gas Aftermarket EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1974mcmopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360/5.9
I want to build a 408 for my 2001 2500 Ram. My concern in that is I want aftermarket EFI and, it to be plug and play, and work with my factory computer. I am good with a carburetor style as I have the intake already. I have been looking at the ****** 2 but don't know if that will work with the factory computer. I have been searching but nothing comes up with using the factory computer. Do I need it to make everything else work?

Thanks

OP
OP

1974mcmopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360/5.9
Well this will be harder than I thought. I must be the first person that wants to keep my factory computer and a aftermarket EFI. I will post back when I figure it out and hopefully help the next guy save time.

Thanks

Mike Holmen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2016/2022
Engine
magnum 5.2/5.9 hemi 5.7/6.1
cool build, but its going to be pricey build. You can do what your suggesting, but the check engine light will be on. You could also re-program the ecm and run the Hughes air gap. Keep the pics coming on the build

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you contacted a tuner? H o ll e y has several systems, it seems they should at least have some advice. I'm no computer whiz, but it sounds like all you're doing is changing the oem throttle body to a different injection system, it shouldn't be that hard.