2004 ram 4x4 laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had my engine fan clutch replaced about 500 miles ago..(it was staying engaged all the time)..Now whenever i start the engine, it stays engaged until after ive driven for a mile or two, regardless of if was a cold or warm start..also the aux. electric fan comes on sometimes as well regardless if its cold or warm..Any thoughts?.. 5.7...

OP
OP
B

btug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anybody?

OP
OP
B

btug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes....it does this about 80% of the time...

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine does from time to time. It usually disengages before the end of my block. I'm not sure if this is a normal function or not?

Electric fan, doesn't that only come on with the A/C (or defrost)?

OP
OP
B

btug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the electric fan im referring to is the aux engine cooling fan....

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had my engine fan clutch replaced about 500 miles ago..(it was staying engaged all the time)..Now whenever i start the engine, it stays engaged until after ive driven for a mile or two, regardless of if was a cold or warm start..also the aux. electric fan comes on sometimes as well regardless if its cold or warm..Any thoughts?.. 5.7...

Is the replacement fan new or used?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like they may have installed a "heavy duty' fan clutch.
I don't know why they make them, they are quite annoying.

Check with the shop that installed it. It shouldn't really do that.

OP
OP
B

btug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lug nuts ?????????

Will check with the shop..currently out of town for a couple of weeks...just thought i would give it a go here first.....

also i noticed something else....i decided to change out my front brake pads and rotors...LUG NUTS...what a pain in the a$$...They must have been over torqued...I did not know that there was a flimsy metallic casing on each one...seriously?...i spun 3 of them off...Checked with NAPA to replace them and change them all out..only 3 in stock... i did get the lug nuts off but used a 21mm to do so...(the ones i spun the casing off of)... anybody else have that issue?