2008 Ram 5.7 Hemi Throwing Multiple Codes, fixed and new codes....over and over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peppershemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently bought a 2008 Dodge 1500 5.7 Hemi....it came with a diablo tuner, and some codes that would kick on after hitting about 40 mph. First thing I noticed was when pumping gas, it immediately stopped and bubbled out the top of the filler door. Second thing was the gears not changing when they should. I contributed that to the kid I purchased it not using the tuner correctly. First three codes were P0934 -Line pressure sensor circuit low, C1036 - Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit and Cylinder 7 misfire.

I attempted to use the tuner to correct the shifting, seemed to have worked, but the truck was still bogging down at around 35 mph. I changed the throttle open% as related to rpms, then tried to use it again to lower the idle and it drained the battery so I disconnected it. Hubby swapped out the transmission line pressure sensor, rear wheel speed sensor(which was chewed up), charcoal canister and fuel leak detection pump. Cleared all codes and the speedometer began working correctly. Still trouble pumping gas and bogging down. Swapped out transmission filter and sparkplugs and coil on cylinder 7. Codes went off without having to clear them. The truck still having issues bogging down , so hubby cleaned the throttle body and nothing. He was reading up on the issues he feels it's having without throwing codes, decided we should change the crank and cam position sensors, now it's got a code, and is starting hard... Please help

MarkMac77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My first step would be to uninstall the tuner, then disconnect the battery overnight and start from there.

Then sell the tuner on ebay.

Generate an itemized list of issues to address.

Prioritize the issues.

Stick to testing and/or replacing one component at a time. When you change multiple variables at one, then it’s difficult what exactly made the difference and the root cause remains nebulous.

Clean up the battery and ground terminals too.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
^I second this. Myself and a couple friends have had problems with Diablo tuners, one even bricked my buddy's ECM years ago. Put the factory tune back in it, pull the Diablosport off and start from there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357