2011 1500 5.7 Hemi Suddenly Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnwguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just changed the oil and while I was down there I accidentally triggered the panic button while I was down there. I thought I may have triggered the anti-theft system, but I don't see a message about anti-theft. While refilling the oil I had the hood open and I noticed a rat's nest, so I removed the air hose and IAT sensor so I could get past the engine cover and remove it. I didn't disconnect the negative terminal first.

It's not starting now. When I turn the fob to START it will repeatedly turnover but doesn't start, not even close. Battery also reads at around 35% if that makes any difference.

Could this just be a coincidence and I just happened to develop the fuel pump relay problem since I parked last? Or was there something else that I may have done that could be causing this?

I have the negative terminal unplugged right now. Going to leave it like that until morning and hopefully reset the computer.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm will to bet that the rodents that made the nest chewed a couple wires and when you jumped in to remove it you may have broke the chewed wires. If you have access to a scan tool I would see if it shows any codes and go from there. I would also dive into the area the nest was in and visually inspect for any broken or chewed wire.

OP
OP
P

pnwguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I checked for codes and it came up clean. Also inspected all wires and they look intact, no signs of damage. When turning the fob to ON I don't hear the fuel pump. The fuse for the fuel pump is also good, which makes me think it's the problem with the TIPM as seen in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNt2yDl8Ng&t=204s