2011 ram 2500 factory fog light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram834

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2011 ram 2500 slt come from factory without fog lights installed.I recently come up with a factory bumper with factory fog lights already installed. I’m wanting to know if a plug I found in between my front bumper and radiator core support that is just snapped into a block off cap is the factory harness plug for my fog lights. I know I’ll have to get the split connector cable to go from light to light, I just want to know if I have the right main harness plug I believe the wire color was purple. Any help please

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Dodge stopped pre wiring fogs lights in the early 2000 I believe. You have a couple of options.

1- buy the Mopar fog light kit for the 09-12 half tons. It comes with the harness and correct pins and headlight switch you'll need then either have the dealer activate them or buy alphaobd+obdlink mx and use either a windows based laptop or Android device and activate it yourself (depending on what your dealer would charge to do it)

2. Source the correct pins make your own harness, buy the headlight switch w/fogs and same as the end of option 1.

3. Tap into the cab side of the wiring harness and follow option 2.

My self and a couple others have write ups along with part numbers on how to add fogs

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

OP
OP
R

Ram834

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I looked through the fuse box under the hood I saw a location for a fog light fuse but I didn’t see any relay for a fog light will the set up just work on the fuse only or does it need a relay also? And the pins you are referencing to I’m assuming you are meaning tapping those into that fuse slot ?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
2012 Ram 2500 SLT front bumper and fog light add

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-bumper-and-fog-light-add.66515/&share_type=t

You don't have to add a fuse. Underneath the fuse box you'll see a bunch of connectors. Use this to verify what connector the feed for fogs is in. http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm#year platform

The thread above has all the part numbers you'll need. Then the easiest way is just have the dealer program the sales code for fogs, I believe it's LJN or LNJ should be in the thread above

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman