2013 5.7 engine compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D2Mar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I own a 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.7. I have experienced catastrophic engine failure. I irresponsibly purchased a 100k engine from a 2013 Grand Cherokee thinking it was compatible. I was aware of the external differences and I was also aware of the cam grind difference. I’m now learning there may be other differences that will make this application more challenging. Can someone help me understand if this will work and how?
I humbly thank you for your input.

Xsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Accessories mounting, intake configuration, cam and calibrations in the PCM. These are all I know of.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same year so it will go right in no timing diffrences or anything however you may have to swap a sensor or 2 and possible the front timing cover/oil pan.

Also while the new engine is out of the truck with the mileage It would be smart to pull the cylinder heads and check on each lifter roller gaskets and bolts are cheap sucks to a camshaft job with it in the truck.