2013 Infiniti JX35 SUV vibration after near accident

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey folks.

Last week my wife was on her way to work and drop off kids at daycare and some dude just around the corner from our house ran the red light. She saw him last second and swerved to avoid being T-Boned. In doing so she hit the curb and narrowly missing a light post. Since the incident she has this vibration/humming noise. Seems to be more prominent at certain speeds. Like 80KPH and 110KPH.

Being an AWD what issues could this be ? It drives straight oddly enough and the vibration is more audible and not as rough as of a wheel was out of balance. However, it’s still worrisome. The one wheel is pretty gouged.... just glad they’re all ok

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure it will bend before it shatters.

Could also have harmed the tire (if there was enough sidewall to hit the curb and keep the wheel from actually impacting it)

If you have the ability I would jack up that corner of the vehicle, spin the wheel by hand and watch it from the front of the car (or rear if it was a back wheel that hit) to see if you can visibly see any "wobbling".

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Pretty sure it will bend before it shatters.

Could also have harmed the tire (if there was enough sidewall to hit the curb and keep the wheel from actually impacting it)

If you have the ability I would jack up that corner of the vehicle, spin the wheel by hand and watch it from the front of the car (or rear if it was a back wheel that hit) to see if you can visibly see any "wobbling".

Thanks I’ll try that! It was passenger side front and rear. Next time I drive by the intersection I’ll snap a pic of the curb. It’s quite obvious and you’ll see just how close she was to T-Bone AND lamp post. Stupid kid in a 300. We all make mistakes but FML. That was close

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?