2015 Ram bighorn 5.7 hemi engine swap issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1337domino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks in advance for any guidance. I just swapped the motor in my my truck and got a remanufactured mds delete. Everything seems to be hooked up and I got fluids in it. When I turn the key I get lights and lots of warning lights but it won't crank. No clicks or anything when I turn the key. I also noticed when the key was off my brake lights were double flashing. Any ideas of what could be the issue or advice on where to start trouble shooting

Thanks again

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sounds like a major issue somewhere else. If you have a check-engine light, you've got codes. Pull the codes and begin working them. Not sure what the double brake light flashes mean... except maybe a faulty computer... also check for bent pins on the PDC and make sure the connector plugs are properly seated (Passenger side on firewall).

Here's a diagram for the 2017 year model - should be very similar to the 2015 as they are both the same generation. I'm assuming you have an 8-speed transmission, but the 6-speed should have the same starting system.

Attachments

• IGNITION-SYSTEM---5.7L---8-SPEED.pdf
    220 KB · Views: 0
  • STARTING-SYSTEM---3.6L_5.7L---8-SPEED.pdf
    204 KB · Views: 1