2016 air ride problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveblackwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just purchased a 2016 rebel 5.7 and was playing around with the air suspension showing the wife how it lowers to get in or out , now it wont raise up and it rides like a bucking bull. Says it is at normal height but is not. Is there way to reset it , or is something messed up. I just put less thay 5km since it was delivered from my dealer, now its bearly drivable. Not happy. Any suggestions?

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
just purchased a 2016 rebel 5.7 and was playing around with the air suspension showing the wife how it lowers to get in or out , now it wont raise up and it rides like a bucking bull. Says it is at normal height but is not. Is there way to reset it , or is something messed up. I just put less thay 5km since it was delivered from my dealer, now its bearly drivable. Not happy. Any suggestions?
We're you doing it from inside or outside with the remote? Just wonder if some how u put it in jack mode? There is a fuse for the air ride. Try pulling that and reset everything.

Also check on each wheel that the sensors are attached. There isn't 1 wheel that has bigger gap between tire and fender is there? Sounds like it just got hung up..... If mine stays at off-road it rides like hell bc I out links in. It will until I move it or I hit 35mph. If it's in entry mode it's 25mph. If give 1 of those a shot also. But with it saying it's in normal, sounds like it just got hung up

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2018 Ram Rebel with the air bags. The truck was in the dealer several times with air bag issues. The last one was a problem with the compressor. The lines also freeze up in the winter. The dealer changed the compressor. I traded the truck in for a 21 Ram with spring suspension.