2017 32 gallon tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Memo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone know if the 32 gallon tank have a debris filter on the neck filler? I was fulling my truck when i noticed late a piece of black plastic on the edge of the lip and when i placed the fuel nozzle in I knocked it into the neck. It looked like it was about an inch long by 3/16 thick.

Should I drop the tank and try and find it in a black tank?

Any suggestions

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Could run a piece of hose or tubing down the filler hose and see if hits a screen. Dropping the tank could be a major undertaking, IMO. Probably not an issue as the in-tank pump has a screen. Is the cap breaking up?

OP
OP
M

Memo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for the input and no the cap is still intact. I will check to see if there is a screen on the neck.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Could run a piece of hose or tubing down the filler hose and see if hits a screen. Dropping the tank could be a major undertaking, IMO. Probably not an issue as the in-tank pump has a screen. Is the cap breaking up?

I agree with this. The mesh screen on the in-tank pump will filter out most debris that could damage the pump itself, so if it was a sizeable chunk of plastic/rubber then you're probably fine.