2018 2500 6.7 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcs3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
ABS/TRACTION CONTROL/CRUISE CONTROL SPORATIC ALARMING. Cuts out then back in. Dealer runs diagnostic tool...says HCU is the issue. Back ordered to Mar 2024. My action is filling out the NTSB Form and notifying RAM. Dealer's Poor service and limited feedback makes me question dealer competency. This and the uaw strike sucks. Looking for a dealing that wants to trouble-shoot the problem. Live in York PA.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
ABS/TRACTION CONTROL/CRUISE CONTROL SPORATIC ALARMING. Cuts out then back in. Dealer runs diagnostic tool...says HCU is the issue. Back ordered to Mar 2024. My action is filling out the NTSB Form and notifying RAM. Dealer's Poor service and limited feedback makes me question dealer competency. This and the uaw strike sucks. Looking for a dealing that wants to trouble-shoot the problem. Live in York PA.
The "problem" is the module. It has issues engineered into it. Replacement is the option. It's a widely known issue. The "problem" was trouble-shooted (if that's a word). Welcome to the world of modern motor vehicles, where long term field testing is done by the customer.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Great first post.... Doubt we will see you again, but this is a known issue and the dealer is correct in their diagnosis and part availability.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
As others have said, it's a known issue in those trucks, but probably not to the point where a recall needs to be issued. Still, bad enough that the parts are backordered, likely because a change was made and they cannot sell the existing inventory and the manufacturer can't meet demand.

There isn't much the dealer can do about it if they have correctly diagnosed the problem but cannot obtain parts to rectify the problem. Reporting them to Ram/Stellantis doesn't do anything but potentially make the dealer jump through hoops to show that they aren't at fault.

Sure, fill out the NTSB form, but otherwise you're kind of wasting people's time, and your money, going from dealer to dealer trying to get a different diagnosis.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
This was me just two days ago. I am beyond pissed. I can live without ABS, but no cruise control is a killer. I found a Diesel mechanic in Herndon Va who is willing to install a used part. If you search around the web the issue is the electric motor on the hydraulic control unit. There are people who have found electric motors from 2008 era Ram 1500 and replaced just the motor with reasonable success.

Try calling local diesel shops.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Typical first post coming here to complain about something then will probably never come back. :manos: