2018 big horn 6.7 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lukeott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I have a 2018 ram big horn and it only has 15000 miles and the bells are driving me crazy. 2 alarms go off. 1 says abs and the other says electronic brakes need servicing. Can someone explain what has to be done in order to stop the alarm. I wouldn’t think that there would be a problem with the brakes with only 15000 miles. I took it to a local mechanic and he knows nothing. I’m hoping someone can get me some answers. Also, how would you find out if the truck has had any recalls. For some reason I don’t get any information mailed to me about the truck and I bought it new. I’ve moved to another state but I don’t receive anything from Ram. Any other time that I bought a new truck, they sent me many things about the truck. I’m new here and hoping to get some help. Thank you, Luke

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Try a parts store, most of them will scan vehicles for trouble codes for free
I'm guessing it's probably a wheels sensor that's causing the issue

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Need the specific codes like crash said. With that said, the 2018 has had a huge problem with the ABS module so if I had to guess I would probably say that might be your issue. But that part is in high demand and on a long backorder so good luck with that. People are saying it's a year out in most cases.

Let us know what the codes are..

OP
OP
L

Lukeott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Need the specific codes like crash said. With that said, the 2018 has had a huge problem with the ABS module so if I had to guess I would probably say that might be your issue. But that part is in high demand and on a long backorder so good luck with that. People are saying it's a year out in most cases.

Let us know what the codes are..

So I have to ask, is this a safety concern? The brakes seem to be operating properly. As I mentioned earlier, there are 2 alarms with brakes. 1 abs the 2nd says electronic brakes need adjustment. What is needed to deal with the second one? Is there anything that I can do to fix it or are both alarms meant for one problem or for two different problems?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I have to ask, is this a safety concern? The brakes seem to be operating properly. As I mentioned earlier, there are 2 alarms with brakes. 1 abs the 2nd says electronic brakes need adjustment. What is needed to deal with the second one? Is there anything that I can do to fix it or are both alarms meant for one problem or for two different problems?

Not a safety issue in my book, but I grew up driving vehicles that didn't have ABS. It's another federally mandated nanny feature because people don't know how to drive.....
Just be aware you can't just mash the brakes and expect them to modulate on their own, they will lock up. Use the old school method of modulating with your foot.

I think both faults are related, don't think there is much you can do at this point without parts.

MLONG8950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 18 is doing the same thing. i pulled the 30amp fuse to stop the alarms, but the brake indicator light is ON in the dash

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can buy a simple code reader for under $50. I'm honestly surprised more people don't have them. Diagnosing idiot lights on anything made in the last twenty years, always start by reading the codes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357