2019 PW hood about to blow up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Weaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know this is probably been posted before, but I am having a hard time adjusting my hood. I know there are two big plastic screw like adjustments on each side on the front of the hood, but I still feel like something is not right. When you are going 69+whatever miles per hour into the wind, it feels like the hood is about to fly up in your face. There is a ton of movement. Is there something I’m missing, or a way to fix this?

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
I took mine to the dealer and it got better, but it still gets floppy at faster highway speeds, especially if there is oncoming wind. I'm thinking the hood is going to snap off and fly a few hundred yards at some point. I know there was an issue on the 1500's that was supposedly remedied (per a tsb) with some more black padding or filler so I mentioned that when I took mine in for service but they only adjusted the hood. Again, better but certainly not fixed.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the hood adjustments on the 1500 so they may not be exactly the same but it will give you an idea anyway. Just screw them out a turn or two counterclockwise and see what happens. If the sheet metal in the hood is flexing at speed adjustment probably won’t help.

AD831F6E-64CD-4E40-886C-96AEDF7FCCBC.jpeg

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
This is something the dealer should have done, and if you're complaining about the hood bouncing around while you drive then it's the 1st thing they should look at.

Those bump stops have been on cars dating back before the 60's, and their primary purpose is to support the hood when latched so it doesn't bounce around at speed.

FYI, there have been threads on this before.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess coming from jeep wranglers it makes my pw hood seem rock solid..