2019 Ram 1500 headlight adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steel1996

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Which way to move adjustment screw to tilt down. Clockwise or counter clockwise. I watched two videos on YouTube and they said the opposite of each other. I just want to tweak them so I don’t want to go the wrong way.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
park the truck about 25'-30' from a wall and adjust the beam accordingly. Typically the headlight cutoff line or hot spot should be able 2" low at that distance.

Mikethomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't just tweak them. You do it right? Or you don't touch them at all. Exactly as explained above 25 feet from the wall. Mark your lines then adjust your lights properly
That's all wonderful, however, he never explained where the adjustment is. Also, projector lights are different. which one are we doing here?

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
That's all wonderful, however, he never explained where the adjustment is. Also, projector lights are different. which one are we doing here?
He doesn't need to explain where the adjustment is. He knows where the adjustment screws are. Also for your other comment, doesn't matter if it's a reflector lens or a projector lens. The process is still the same. 25 feet away from a wall. Adjust your cut off line to that.

RickMyers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 1500 with the LED headlights, can the high beams and low beams be adjusted separately? If so, where are the adjustment screws located? I am leveling the ride height and will need to adjust the lights so as not to blind oncoming traffic

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 1500 with the LED headlights, can the high beams and low beams be adjusted separately? If so, where are the adjustment screws located? I am leveling the ride height and will need to adjust the lights so as not to blind oncoming traffic

Not for projectors or quads, there's only 1 adjustment for both high & low on the housings. There may be clocking adjustments on each bulb.

You would be best to verify and mark the low beam cutoff line on a wall with masking tape before you start leveling.

Then adjust the housings to match after the leveling is complete.

Search YouTube for directions, there are several great videos available.

I like this video;