LED headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdriskill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 limited with factory led panoramic headlights. Just recently noticed my passenger side high beam quit working. Are there separate fuses or relays for each headlight? Or is the $1600 headlight assembly shot and need replacing? Or is there a way just to change the element like a normal headlight?
The only reason I ask is because the dealership said that the whole assembly needed replacement! And my truck is in excellent condition!

izzy6116

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazon if need be easy install .if you have change out

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Factory replacement?
I just replaced my passenger side headlight assembly on my 2019 2500 night edition. It was $762 at my local dealer, and yes I believe the dealership is right that the entire assembly needs replaced. Pretty sure there is no way to fix or replace just part of it. I had to do mine because a chain broke pulling my son out of a snow drift and broke the plastic lense. The lights still worked fine though.

OP
OP
R

Rdriskill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I'm just wondering if there's a faulty ballast, relay or fuse causing the high beam not to work? I'm gonna do some investigating before I bite the bullet and spend the money on a new assembly.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have found when left in auto mod one will work and one won't when you start the truck. I had a intermittent issue on my 2014 and took forever to figure it out. It ended up being the head light switch assembly. Switch off auto and drive your truck for a few days switching it manually see if that works.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I replaced my stock headlights because one of the buckets was broken. I bought vland leds they were an easy install. But the passenger side would collect water from the hood because there was a hole in the caulking that sealed the top. They gave me a little bit of static on replacing it until I sent them a video of me pouring water out of it. Then they sent one right away overall I like them and I think they look cool on start up

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
They’ turn blue and purple and yellow I tried to post a video but I not that tech

Attachments

• IMG_0931.png
    IMG_0931.png
    705.3 KB · Views: 6

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
They’ turn blue and purple and yellow I tried to post a video but I not that tech

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Any way I think that they look cool but they aren’t cheap. The price went up right after I bought them

14ramdjh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I USE CARID WEBSITE FOR FACTORY LEDS

bigblock_doc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I had to replace mine also on a 2019 3500. Was $450.00 from a dealer in Florida. Now comes the hard part,
it took two hours or more to change it out. Look on you tube, just about everything except the bumper has
got to be removed. Also one push pin in a underside piece of the fender is a pain. Good luck.

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 limited with factory led panoramic headlights. Just recently noticed my passenger side high beam quit working. Are there separate fuses or relays for each headlight? Or is the $1600 headlight assembly shot and need replacing? Or is there a way just to change the element like a normal headlight?
The only reason I ask is because the dealership said that the whole assembly needed replacement! And my truck is in excellent condition!
Yeah, this is their plan. Simple bulb replace is $1k. No reason for it, bad design… or as my various family members who retired from GM, Ford, etc say, “designed obsolescence” so works exactly as intended. All the 0-maintenance, lifetime-lube, 10000 hour (lol seen so many lemon LEDs even from top brands), etc claims that are repeatedly proven to be BS and lead to problems… but make money.

If/when it happens to me, I’ll spend more to replace both with non-OE just to avoid giving the con artists more money.