2019 RAM 1500: more scoop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to say I like it a lot. The increased towing and payload for a 1500 is fantastic, and I like the updates to the interior. The only drag for me is my current '17 fits in my garage with an inch or 2 to spare front and back. The new model is reported to be 4 inches longer...that won't fit for sure

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
because it is an opinion. To make a statement as if its a fact is a stretch. For instance, my opinion is that there are a lot of nice upgrades especially on the interior, but a lot of the exterior changes to me do not look better - therefore it is not better in every way.

I would say that is a stretch. Cosmetically it is pretty much irrelevant, people will hate or love it but take that out of the equation and everything else on the truck is better. That is a fact.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say that is a stretch. Cosmetically it is pretty much irrelevant, people will hate or love it but take that out of the equation and everything else on the truck is better. That is a fact.

Is the transmission better?
Is the engine better?
Is the rear differential better?
Are the brakes better?
Is the driveshaft better?
Is the exhaust better?
Is the HVAC system better?

Everything is not better

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the engine better?
Are the brakes better?
Is the exhaust better?

Everything is not better

I cannot speak to everything but engine (with 48v torque assist), differential, brakes, and exhaust are confirmed better.

EDIT: Transmission is upgraded too and standard on more models. They say the powertrain is new, I would imagine it is not the same driveshaft as before.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it is not a stretch...just like I said both statements are opinions. And looks are not irrelevant - that is a huge selling point in any vehicle.

and saying everything else is better is a fact is the stretch, that is your opinion.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
So, someone has to ask it.. will the electric assist motors have a sound byte factory installed to emulate the hemi "TICK" or will that be up to the owner to download? LOL

Wait, you mean that tick isn't rare? I've had it in mine since I hit about 1500 miles. I asked the dealer about it and took it in, they said they didn't hear anything. They said if I'm hearing a tick, it's coming from some device that gets triggered after the tank is filled up. Some type of little bearing inside a tube or something. Drives me crazy.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Wait, you mean that tick isn't rare? I've had it in mine since I hit about 1500 miles. I asked the dealer about it and took it in, they said they didn't hear anything. They said if I'm hearing a tick, it's coming from some device that gets triggered after the tank is filled up. Some type of little bearing inside a tube or something. Drives me crazy.

the hemi tick is very common. I'm sure you could do a search on hemi tick on here or even google and have days worth of reading lol.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I know it’s just a matter of opinion but I sure ain’t. My 2018 looks way better than that thing does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's been time for a change. My 2017 looks amazing as well but I still like the 2019 more and hope to get one soon.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I love every gen dodge and had everyone one but a 2nd . I love the new look.if I'm being 100% honest it looks close to new Chevys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you see a resemblance? The new Chevy looks like a Colorado and nothing like the Ram.

https://i2.wp.com/**************/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2019-ram-150065.jpg?resize=780%2C405

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-High-Country.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I saw a picture of the new ford ranger this morning and damn there are a lot of similarities to the new ram

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
the hemi tick is very common. I'm sure you could do a search on hemi tick on here or even google and have days worth of reading lol.

Thanks, I researched it a little less than a year ago and didn't get much on it but I guess that's changed now. LOL

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I saw a picture of the new ford ranger this morning and damn there are a lot of similarities to the new ram

The grille kinda favors it and maybe the headlights on the Limited, which nobody likes lol. That Ranger looks hideous.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram's pressure release pictures show a time of 7:07 in the Rebel truck only.

I think that is more than a enough information for me.

Roadhouse71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Just like anything new seems it just has to grow on you. But i dont hate it or love it.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I agree I prefer the grill on my 15 over that style as well.

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the engine better?
Are the brakes better?
Is the exhaust better?

Everything is not better

It's not everything that makes the feeling of a truck, especially, a driveshaft or an exhaust. Or how could you feel the "better" rear LSD in using the truck as it was designed for?
I mean - one could feel the difference in acceleration time or shorter braking distances, but let's be honest, there are no problems with those on 4-th gen for the most buyers (and compared to the rivals). Ask them what'd they change in transmission, and, for sure, there wouldn't be any complaints either. As for the fuel economy - well, the eTorq and less weight, is ready to "better" it as, may be, the acceleration time.
In the meantime, you really could feel and see the difference in safe drive features, uConnect, enjoy panoramic roof and real adjustable seats. Short to say, it's better in those fields one could feel and touch and that are needed to beat the rivals, not to invent "changes for changes". Of course, it's my personal opinion.

Last edited: